RAM EVIC Cluster Upgrade. Brake light out issue, HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

javier_si04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone,
I just swap the small cluster and replace with the 7 inch EVIC cluster for my Ram yesterday, first think I notice was a brake light out message. I checked both brakes and are working fine. Anyone had this issue before and did you fixed it? I didn't have the massage on the old cluster. Help Guys.

Thank you,
Javier.

Hudson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
do you have LED bulbs in your brake lights. The 7 inch EVIC's are much more sensitive than the original cluster.
Cycle your brake lights a dozen times then shut the truck off and turn it back on see if the message is still there.
It fixed my turn signal issue.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have any led bulbs installed in your truck??? It known that the 7” cluster is a lot more sensitive to added led bulbs then the smaller cluster.

mbryanr2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same issue and same upgrade. I have license plate and backup light out messages. Led upgraded. Surprised as the license plate are diode dynamics. The taillights have resistors, don't recall the setup on the 3rd brake light but quite certain they had resistors as well. Likely have to enable led with alphaobd to eliminate the dropout messages.

OP
OP
javier_si04

javier_si04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
do you have LED bulbs in your brake lights. The 7 inch EVIC's are much more sensitive than the original cluster.
Cycle your brake lights a dozen times then shut the truck off and turn it back on see if the message is still there.
It fixed my turn signal issue.

mbryanr2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. No blown lights, but also no new messages after the first day of back up light out errors.