Ram Hybrid for 2025

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutpostRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a note on OTA software updates: Tesla writes ALL of their own code. Our model Y (2023 model) has had several over-the-air updates on software. No issues. No taking it to the dealer. Wake up the next day, drive the car. Unlike updates from most other OEMs like Ford, VW, Audi, Toyota.
Jim Farley of Ford said it best: "The problem is that the software is all written by 150 different companies, and they don't talk to each other," says Farley. "So even though it says Ford on the front, I actually have to go to Bosch to get permission to change their seat control software. Even if I had a high-speed modem in the vehicle and I had the ability to write their software, it's actually their IP. We call it the 'loose confederation of software providers.' One-hundred-fifty completely different software programming languages. All the structure of the software is different. It's millions [of lines] of code."

OutpostRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I miss my 85 Ramcharger. Perfect truck that I was a fool for selling.
I paid $21k for each of my last 2 Rams. I don't know how people think it makes sense to pay $60k+ for a vehicle.
Mine was an '83 Prospector Ramcharger. I pulled the 318 out, put a 440 and BB 727 in it. Amazing power. northwest Metal Products 45 gallon gas tank, ****** headers, 850 Quad, Hughes Engines RV cam. Great vacuum for the power brakes. Sorry I sold mine too. ramcharger on hunt.jpeg

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
Mine was an '83 Prospector Ramcharger. I pulled the 318 out, put a 440 and BB 727 in it. Amazing power. northwest Metal Products 45 gallon gas tank, ****** headers, 850 Quad, Hughes Engines RV cam. Great vacuum for the power brakes. Sorry I sold mine too. View attachment 531861
Love it!!

gonkulator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am also very interested, as I may be able to replace both my EV (Audi) and RAM. Plus, I have always loved the drivetrains of the diesel-electric Locomotives and the big mining trucks.

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
Excited for this truck... although am considering that it might be more prudent to wait until they work any first year kinks out. I bought a first-year 'new model' palisade calligraphy and it was all kinds of crap... so i dumped it within a year. My tried and true Warlock has been absolutely issue free.

Last edited: