Ram or Wrangler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69mach1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Let's say I bought the Ram to tow the Wrangler :naughty:

Love them both but you can forget towing with the Wrangler, keep it for the off roading it excels at :driver:

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep in mind this may be a biased forum. Well for those who only have the one vehicle we drive.
Test drive them and ask around other forums too! See what others may say.
I say Ram tho [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miraj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well the ram is way better on road it's more comfortable while the jeep is way more agile off-road.

With that said the rest is up to your personal preference.
The V8 roar was the tie breaker for me and the power that came with it.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

markmiela

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My daughter has a wrangler sport, I drive it on occasion when she lets me. I also have a Ram 1500 crew cab. If most of what you do is drive highway with some off road get the Ram. I personally would not want the wrangler as my DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I traded my 2012 ram 1500 sport in for a 2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited I ordered drove that for 10 months 8 of those months I spent looking at trucks traded that in for my 2015 ram 1500 Laramie. The jeep was fun but for a daily horrible. Felt gutless compared to a hemi mileage was horrible compared to a truck I got 14 stock in the jeep. Only good thing is they hold their value amazingly well which I was very lucky that was the case. I will own a jeep again someday when I can afford a ram and a jeep. The jeep will be a weekend toy not a daily driver.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Coming from somebody that has both, what your priorities are, go with the Wrangler. They're the funniest things to drive without the doors and the mods are never ending. I'm not an off roader, but love both of them.

Attachments

• IMG_20160803_190531_695.jpg
    IMG_20160803_190531_695.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 62

sycoink

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 auto megacab leveling kit with 35s
Engine
6.7 cummins
I have had 2 wranglers... a 95 and a 08 loved em both nothing like the Jeep wave... this is my first ram and love it wish I woukd have done it ealrier.. but like said b4... do u like power cuz jeeps do not have much..plus not much room in jeeps. Guess gotta do pros and cons

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
bbc2831cb5f2f69514b4e592de149b52.jpg

catcher55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have both. I do not use the wrangler for towing anything. It is fun to drive, but under-powered (2010 Unlimited).

You will have more than enough power with the Ram. I miss the days when I could consider a regular cab, mine is a crew cab 05 2500 long bed 4x4.

Attachments

• IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 20150314_112000.jpg
    20150314_112000.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 63

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm with Austin on this one, I'd rather and do) have a toy for off roading, not using my daily driver to go crashing thru trails. Unless you're rich or something spending $30-40k+ on a vehicle you're going to be punishing seems like an obvious bad decision

OP
OP
M

MightyUnclean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm with Austin on this one, I'd rather and do) have a toy for off roading, not using my daily driver to go crashing thru trails. Unless you're rich or something spending $30-40k+ on a vehicle you're going to be punishing seems like an obvious bad decision

I think that you guys are seriously overestimating the kind of off-roading we'd be doing here in Florida! :roflsquared:

That begs the question, though...Why would we need a Wrangler to begin with? I'm not sure that we do. It just seems like a fun vehicle to have in Florida, and to take on some light off-roading excursions a few times a year. Something the likes of which we've never owned before.

The Ram is tempting because it offers more comfort, more power, more practicality at about the same price, maybe even less after incentives.

The chances of either vehicle getting beat up in the kind of off-roading we'd do are pretty minimal. There are local off-road groups that take trips to the Ocala National Forest. From the videos I've seen, most of what they do is just tool around on flat, dirt and sand roads. It's nothing like the rock crawling videos I've seen.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that you guys are seriously overestimating the kind of off-roading we'd be doing here in Florida! :roflsquared:

That begs the question, though...Why would we need a Wrangler to begin with? I'm not sure that we do. It just seems like a fun vehicle to have in Florida, and to take on some light off-roading excursions a few times a year. Something the likes of which we've never owned before.

The Ram is tempting because it offers more comfort, more power, more practicality at about the same price, maybe even less after incentives.

The chances of either vehicle getting beat up in the kind of off-roading we'd do are pretty minimal. There are local off-road groups that take trips to the Ocala National Forest. From the videos I've seen, most of what they do is just tool around on flat, dirt and sand roads. It's nothing like the rock crawling videos I've seen.

Gotcha. When you said offroading I just assumed you meant fairly rough actual trails through the bush etc, what you're describing sounds more like just driving on open dirt roads that you could simply drive a regular car down (except for the sandy parts you mentioned). In that case yeah I agree with, there's not even a need for a Jeep for that. And with a pickup you get way more vehicle for everything else you do. With the option to put a dirtbike or ATV on the back ;)

OP
OP
M

MightyUnclean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been working more with Koons on the Wrangler and Ram quotes. The Ram gets the same 7% off invoice as the Wrangler, but apparently usually has an additional $2K-$4K off in factory incentives, depending on the month you buy in. This actually makes the Ram cheaper than the Willys Wheeler W Wrangler I was looking at. Very tempting.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you talking about the Koons in the DC area? If you are going to travel, Dennis Dillon had better deals than Koons, by 10% the last time I was shopping in the Spring.

OP
OP
M

MightyUnclean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you talking about the Koons in the DC area? If you are going to travel, Dennis Dillon had better deals than Koons, by 10% the last time I was shopping in the Spring.

Koons in Virginia. We're in Florida.

I just realized the quote we got was on a Tradesman and not an Express, so that may change things significantly.

Matty Moo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have both. A 2012 jku and a 2014 ram. You don't want to dd or tow with a Wrangler. Long drives are not enjoyable and once you throw some bigger tires on it you're getting 14mpg.

But... They're fun and have insane resale value.

OP
OP
M

MightyUnclean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have both. A 2012 jku and a 2014 ram. You don't want to dd or tow with a Wrangler. Long drives are not enjoyable and once you throw some bigger tires on it you're getting 14mpg.

But... They're fun and have insane resale value.

I wish I could get both, but I'd never get it past my wife! It's a really hard decision, especially since they're so close in price. This will be my daily driver, but almost all in-town, unless we go for a trip to off-road or go to a place like Daytona Beach. No towing is planned. I doubt we'd go over 31" tires on the Jeep.

OP
OP
M

MightyUnclean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Where is Dennis Dillon located??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank