Ram owner in NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian_h

Reaction score
Ram Year
1994 & 2022
Engine
Cummins 12v & Hemi 5.7
Hello -

My dad bought a new 2500 Cummins 4x4 in 1994. He and my mom put about 290000 miles on it driving back and forth across the US towing a 30' trailer. I inherited it from him about 10 years ago. I've only done a few mods: BD Diesel steering box stabilizer, Bilstein shocks, and Falken Wild Peak 285/75R16s. I also replaced the front axle u-joints and all of the brake components. But lately, the old girl has been spending more and more time in the shop. Latest issue is a leaky transfer case. I'll keep her going, though. I love that truck and it's a link to my parents who are both gone. I'll never get rid of it.

However, my better half determined that I needed a more reliable everyday vehicle. So last weekend I picked up a 2022 1500 Crew Cab 4x4. Wow! What a difference! It's literally as smooth as a luxury car. I suppose anything would be compared to the 2nd Gen, though. Anyhow, now my dad's old truck will become a true hobby truck. Once I get the transfer case sorted out, I'm going to get it painted, get rid of the camper shell (it's in bad shape anyway), install new springs all around, and fix up the interior. Oh yeah - and fix the d@$m fuel gauge! :cool: It hasn't worked since 1996.