Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Does your Ram wander and/or have sloppy steering? Wandering is very common for our trucks, and if my 2018 travels along the road like a drunk, then a steering gear box stabilizer will do you right. Our trucks have frame flex and steering slop, and gets slightly worse when we upgrade our tires and wheels. I noticed a significant difference after the install. I have stock suspension and only 7K miles. For those who are awaiting to install their steering gear box stabilizer, I went ahead and made a "how-to" install video to help yall out. I used the system from dodgeramsteeringstabilizer.com and didn't have any issues with parts not lining up! The way I showed it in the video made it simple with no extra hands required. I'll definitely be posting up more videos of many more mods, so please support and subscribe to my youtube channel while watching, thanks!

Stampederfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I have the BD Diesel Performance version of this support bar and it tightened up my steering as well. 51k km on my truck. Didn’t have a load of slop in the first place but is definitely tighter now. Recommended mod for sure. May even help prevent death wobble if your steering box and front end suspension isn’t too worn.

OP
OP
Motor Head

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have the BD Diesel Performance version of this support bar and it tightened up my steering as well. 51k km on my truck. Didn’t have a load of slop in the first place but is definitely tighter now. Recommended mod for sure. May even help prevent death wobble if your steering box and front end suspension isn’t too worn.
Definitely tighter steering after the install.

Capt Milks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting a new 2018 3500 DRW. Will it need a stabilizer too? Will the one on my 2011 fit the newer truck?

OP
OP
Motor Head

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Getting a new 2018 3500 DRW. Will it need a stabilizer too? Will the one on my 2011 fit the newer truck?

Once you get your 2018 you will notice the amount of play and loosy goosy-ness. If your 2011 was a 4x4, then based off of their website, they can switch over.

E77304E1-8AB2-4DFA-9934-670DE4060903.png

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does your Ram wander and/or have sloppy steering? Wandering is very common for our trucks, and if my 2018 travels along the road like a drunk, then a steering gear box stabilizer will do you right. Our trucks have frame flex and steering slop, and gets slightly worse when we upgrade our tires and wheels. I noticed a significant difference after the install. I have stock suspension and only 7K miles. For those who are awaiting to install their steering gear box stabilizer, I went ahead and made a "how-to" install video to help yall out. I used the system from dodgeramsteeringstabilizer.com and didn't have any issues with parts not lining up! The way I showed it in the video made it simple with no extra hands required. I'll definitely be posting up more videos of many more mods, so please support and subscribe to my youtube channel while watching, thanks!

Great install video !

Gonna be doing this before I upgrade my wheel and tires .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Special K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I was thinking about adding this to my list of projects. I notice that I’m constantly making small steering corrections while I’m driving down the highway. Do you think this will make a big difference with that?

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too bad they don't make this for 1500 trucks. With larger tires, my truck has been "looser" than it should be, IMHO.

Camlocker75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased a 2018 Ram 2500. I have 35's and noticed road drift, wandering and constant steering wheel correction. I installed the same one Motor Head posted (btw great video) and noticed a definite increase in the tightness of the steering and major improvement in wandering. I had an alignment done a few weeks ago and didn't help until I did this mod. It was a very easy install and recommend to anyone with a 2500 or 3500 Ram.