Ram warlocks suck and here's why....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCool Robert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I own a 2019 4x4 ram warlock and you almost can't buy crap for these things. Mgp calipers told me what to buy after I contacted them and explained to them these things are touchy.....bought the covers and BAM they don't fit and guess what else..... they don't want to even touch these trucks from what I was told by mgp. I played hell getting a bumper, played hell ordering steps, EVERYTHING is a pain in the butt when upgrading these trucks. My trucks nice but it's still a **** because of all the BS to get things for it. Calling you out MGP.... take back the set I got and make a set for WARLOCKS. We deserve parts too

truck (1).jpg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Surprising your about the first person to complain about not being able to find parts to fit a vehicle platform that's been around since 2009 (Gen4 DS body).
some aftermarket manufacturers list parts for the Classic trucks under the 2018 model.
I'm wondering if MGP sent you the covers for the Gen5 DT body

OP
OP
T

TheCool Robert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Surprising your about the first person to complain about not being able to find parts to fit a vehicle platform that's been around since 2009 (Gen4 DS body).
some aftermarket manufacturers list parts for the Classic trucks under the 2018 model.
I'm wondering if MGP sent you the covers for the Gen5 DT body

OP
OP
T

TheCool Robert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm the guy that owns the truck telling you it's hard to get parts. Try it yourself find front bumper for it..... I had to end up talking to an engineer st bumpersuperstore.com just to find out it will NOT fit a classic ram it only fits REBEL bumpers which is what I ordered. Not meaning to sound snippy but I have already used the "buy parts for the 2017 2018 " it works 50/50 of the time

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I own a 2019 4x4 ram warlock and you almost can't buy crap for these things. Mgp calipers told me what to buy after I contacted them and explained to them these things are touchy.....bought the covers and BAM they don't fit and guess what else..... they don't want to even touch these trucks from what I was told by mgp. I played hell getting a bumper, played hell ordering steps, EVERYTHING is a pain in the butt when upgrading these trucks. My trucks nice but it's still a **** because of all the BS to get things for it. Calling you out MGP.... take back the set I got and make a set for WARLOCKS. We deserve parts too

View attachment 243594
...but she sure is purdy!
About the time you're ready to get rid of her they'll be parts out the butt! lol

OP
OP
T

TheCool Robert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Since your truck is still a 4th gen wouldn’t anything from pretty much 2009-2018 fit? I mean the only thing that’s really different is the grille and that’s pretty much it. Honestly it looks great just like it is!

OP
OP
T

TheCool Robert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Tidefan....thank you for the comment about the truck. It truly is a hodge podge between a rebel and classic ram. When you look at front bumpers you find out through research it only fits rebel bumpers and there aren't a lot of rebel options.

OP
OP
T

TheCool Robert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It comes up automatically any time you give them the vin#. The bumper in my photo only fits rebels........ so 2018 classic DOESNT fit.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only difference is the front end of the truck. So 90% of the truck is the same as a 2018.

Need to find parts for it? Benny at allmoparparts for OEM. Other stuff, gotta do what you gotta do.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The Ram factories don't punch out sheet metal or suspension parts for one vehicle, that does not fit on other vehicles of the same Generation
The cab bodies sheet metal being different due to size
Quad cab, Crew cab, Mega cab, even then the front doors will interchange between all 3

I would have to conclude that the issue would have be with the aftermarket companies fitment

OP
OP
T

TheCool Robert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The Ram factories don't punch out sheet metal or suspension parts for one vehicle, that does not fit on other vehicles of the same Generation
The cab bodies sheet metal being different due to size
Quad cab, Crew cab, Mega cab, even then the front doors will interchange between all 3

I would have to conclude that the issue would have be with the aftermarket companies fitment

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It comes up automatically any time you give them the vin#. The bumper in my photo only fits rebels........ so 2018 classic DOESNT fit.

The front end of the Warlock is the Rebel front end. The Warlock is just an appearance package based off the Gen4 trim levels, it filled in for Rebel.
You can actually put an entire Rebel front end on a regular Gen4 truck all the way back to 2009, and likewise the other way around. I'm pretty sure someone has posted on this forum doing just that.
Ram moved the Rebel name to the Gen5 body to keep the customer base happy.

The only difference is the front end of the truck. So 90% of the truck is the same as a 2018.
Probably more than that. The less they change, the more money they make. The Classic version will most likely go away when the HD trucks get updated to a Gen5 body.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The front end of the Warlock is the Rebel front end. The Warlock is just an appearance package based off the Gen4 trim levels, it filled in for Rebel.
You can actually put an entire Rebel front end on a regular Gen4 truck all the way back to 2009, and likewise the other way around. I'm pretty sure someone has posted on this forum doing just that.
Ram moved the Rebel name to the Gen5 body to keep the customer base happy.

Probably more than that. The less they change, the more money they make. The Classic version will most likely go away when the HD trucks get updated to a Gen5 body.
And op has replaced all but it looks like 3 pieces that make a warlock different. So now it's just a bighorn. Should be really easy to order parts now.

Oh, that is a sweet looking truck by the way!

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
OP purchased a speciality vehicle, limited production numbers, and wonders why third party vendors do not pay attention to it?

I have owned low production manufactured vehicles (motorcycles) for 30+ years, so I am used to having to do research to find parts that work because th OEM parts are NLA.

I am also seeing that this is the product of a internet raised generation expecting everything to be available for order?

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
As already mentioned. The 2019 to 2021 Warlock is a 2017/2018 Rebel.

It is also the same truck overall as every 2009 to 2018 RAM 1500.

The Warlock is a factory custom truck. And now you have made it more custom.

Looks great. I think you need to look at other suppliers though.

I would just tell them you do not have the VIN handy it is a 2018 Rebel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500