RAMCARES, any update on full screen Android Auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reapur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Hello,
2020 1500 limited. Wondering if and when we're getting Full Screen for Android Auto.
It's really a shame the whole thing is crammed into a area barely larger than my phone on this beautiful large 12" screen.

Thanks

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,
2020 1500 limited. Wondering if and when we're getting Full Screen for Android Auto.
It's really a shame the whole thing is crammed into a area barely larger than my phone on this beautiful large 12" screen.

Thanks
Do you mean when the audio and maps section are sharing the screen at the same time, with no apparent way to separate? That is HIGHLY annoying and should absolutely be fixed.

OP
OP
R

reapur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Yes, it's kind of a mess. A refresh is needed and really running full screen would solve a lot of these issues. Ram can even get creative here.

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well some good news and some bad news depending. Earlier this summer Android announced its Android Auto platform was getting a major update to allow pretty much any screen size in any orientation. It should be out and available now, but now it is in the hands of RAM developers, so who knows how long if ever they release that update.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
As of late Android Auto releases, they have been struggling to keep Andriod Auto from disconnecting. The last update I got seems to have that under control, for now. This is on Uconnect 5, 12" screen.

OP
OP
R

reapur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Are the updates on the uconnect silent updates? I bought my truck in late June and I haven't yet seen any update notices. Fortunately I use a pixel 6 / Android 13 and I haven't had any connection issues, except for the "gps signal lost", whatever that is.

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the updates on the uconnect silent updates? I bought my truck in late June and I haven't yet seen any update notices. Fortunately I use a pixel 6 / Android 13 and I haven't had any connection issues, except for the "gps signal lost", whatever that is.
I caught an update one day when starting up my truck and connecting to my Z Fold 3. Nothing worked, and it did an automatic reboot, then just acted like it always has lol.

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@RamCares Any update for the full screen for Android Auto? Are we ever going to be able to use the full 12" screen for these trucks?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
@RamCares Any update for the full screen for Android Auto? Are we ever going to be able to use the full 12" screen for these trucks?
Not at the moment. We will be sure to provide this feedback to our team of future implementation.

William
Ram Cares

Squattingdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
'22 Rebel GT
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just upgraded Android Auto to version 8.6 with Coolwalk, and it still only shows in half the screen (2022 with 12" screen). My wife's Apple shows beautifully on my truck in full screen.

@RamCares still no update when this will be fixed??????

MrBTeachUs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@RamCares can we get some insight into if this is being discussed and if so when it could be expected? I love the huge 12" screen, but most of the real estate isn't used well when on Android Auto especially with Coolwalk's new layout.

I'm sure everyone here would like to know what's being discussed.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us directly. We appreciate your feedback on this and will bring this up with our technical team. At this time there are no changes on layouts with our updates. Should there be any changes, we will be sure to make a post on here.

William
Ram Cares

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We appreciate any feedback from our Ram community.

William
Ram Cares
I do thank you for your activity in this community, but it is past time for some action on this rather simple feature to be added, that likely is already in place, just not enabled on the 12" screen. This has been an issue for at least 5 years now, and is unlocked by other manufacturers. I, and if I may speak for the many other purchasers of truck who use Android OS, have been patient long enough and are respectfully asking for stronger representation in this matter.

This link is the evidence: https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/8844203/android-auto-scale-on-car-screen?hl=en

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I do thank you for your activity in this community, but it is past time for some action on this rather simple feature to be added, that likely is already in place, just not enabled on the 12" screen. This has been an issue for at least 5 years now, and is unlocked by other manufacturers. I, and if I may speak for the many other purchasers of truck who use Android OS, have been patient long enough and are respectfully asking for stronger representation in this matter.

This link is the evidence: https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/8844203/android-auto-scale-on-car-screen?hl=en
Thank you for your feedback on this, our infotainment team is aware of this trend that's being requested. We will update the community if there are any future implantation changes.

William
Ram Cares

Dragon62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any kind of an update would be good. This 12" Uconn3 that I have is the most boring systems. You can't add apps, needing to use 3rd party devices to make any good use of the screen.... damn.