Rattling noise after level...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
So you could get a 16/17mm crow’s foot in that spacer to tighten without disassembly.

OP
OP
hammy56

hammy56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just downloaded the installation from their website...uca mounts 120 ft lbs.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I just downloaded the installation from their website...uca mounts 120 ft lbs.

120 is correct. The bolt size is 18mm shallow socket if my memory serves

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fairly interesting to see what they did adding front bumpstops underneath the UCA's. It seems this people at least think their products as opposed to the SST 4" crap (prob that's why Readylift says not for offroading in big bold caps :)), they're moving the entire assembly down with the top spacer, but also extending the bumpstop accordingly.

Can you take some pictures of how those external bumpstops look like in the front ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
hammy56

hammy56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive been under the truck for an hour...its ONLY the passenger side- and this is the only thing I could find-

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Overtorqued UCA bushings will create a creaky sound not a rattle. Same thing if the bushing was incorrectly torqued while the wheels were in the air. Could be the shocks, could be something loose in the install heck it could even be the UCA's even though they're brand new.
Jack one wheel up in the air slightly and place a jack underneath the LCA then grab a pry bar and pry the wheel up/down. see if the BJ's in the uca move (shouldn't move one bit) Doubt it'll be the UCA as they're brand new but checking is free :), move the wheel from to 3 to 9 and see if soemthing moves or sounds. pry the tie rod end slightly up/down and see if the end moves (should not)
Check the 3 bolts at the top of the shock are torqued down to specs (40ft/lbs), the lower is 100 ft/lbs
Check the torque on the UCA castle nuts, (55ft/lbs), check the torque on the tie-rod ends (55ft/lbs), UCA bolts (120ft/lbs), check your sway bar links and make sure the bushings are ok, caliper and brake bolts are torque down to specs.

OP
OP
hammy56

hammy56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
also- my truck doesn't have those bump stops- pr a spot for them...
IMG_4609.JPG

OP
OP
hammy56

hammy56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Overtorqued UCA bushings will create a creaky sound not a rattle. Same thing if the bushing was incorrectly torqued while the wheels were in the air. Could be the shocks, could be something loose in the install heck it could even be the UCA's even though they're brand new.
Jack one wheel up in the air slightly and place a jack underneath the LCA then grab a pry bar and pry the wheel up/down. see if the BJ's in the uca move (shouldn't move one bit) Doubt it'll be the UCA as they're brand new but checking is free :), move the wheel from to 3 to 9 and see if soemthing moves or sounds. pry the tie rod end slightly up/down and see if the end moves (should not)
Check the 3 bolts at the top of the shock are torqued down to specs (40ft/lbs), the lower is 100 ft/lbs
Check the torque on the UCA castle nuts, (55ft/lbs), check the torque on the tie-rod ends (55ft/lbs), UCA bolts (120ft/lbs), check your sway bar links and make sure the bushings are ok, caliper and brake bolts are torque down to specs.
Thanks for your input! What do you think about the vid? Does that seems normal for axles?

OP
OP
hammy56

hammy56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you know if the included them ? According to the instructions so you should have those.
Not sure if they were included. I’ll ask tomorrow.
It doesn’t look like there’s a spot for them...?

EDIT- I was wrong- it looks like the brackets mount to the frame. I thought at first it was the frame itself.

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if they were included. I’ll ask tomorrow.
It doesn’t look like there’s a spot for them...?

EDIT- I was wrong- it looks like the brackets mount to the frame. I thought at first it was the frame itself.
You can also contact Readylift and check with them.

OP
OP
hammy56

hammy56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can also contact Readylift and check with them.
I will first thing tomorrow, before heading to the shop.

Not sure how this would affect my noise situation but its worth a try. But regardless, Id want the parts if they're suppose to be there.

Jbp19classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 174919
Is this pic from before or after the kit was installed? Just wondering because the UCA in this pic is different than the ones shown in the kit you posted a link to. If the kit installed on your truck is different than the one in the link that would explain why you don’t have the extra bump stops. None of this should have anything to do with the noise you’re hearing though.

OP
OP
hammy56

hammy56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is this pic from before or after the kit was installed? Just wondering because the UCA in this pic is different than the ones shown in the kit you posted a link to. If the kit installed on your truck is different than the one in the link that would explain why you don’t have the extra bump stops. None of this should have anything to do with the noise you’re hearing though.
You’re right. I noticed the same thing earlier.
I don’t think the noise I’m hearing is related- but I paid for that kit- and didn’t get it.
I’ll be asking questions tomorrow.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 174919
It looks like your control arm is contacting the mounting tab which isnt right. Did they accidentally mix up the sides the control arms mount to? Also what control arms. Rl arms are tubular those dont look the same as the set I have sitting in the garage. The other thing is the control arm is pointing upward opposite a typical lift does especially without new knuckles. What size spacer is it because it is possible that your control arms are over correcting your angles causing bind.

OP
OP
hammy56

hammy56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It looks like your control arm is contacting the mounting tab which isnt right. Did they accidentally mix up the sides the control arms mount to? Also what control arms. Rl arms are tubular those dont look the same as the set I have sitting in the garage. The other thing is the control arm is pointing upward opposite a typical lift does especially without new knuckles. What size spacer is it because it is possible that your control arms are over correcting your angles causing bind.
When I first contacted the shop- we decided on a Zone 2" level...a few days later I realized with that kit I would be limited to 33" tires. Which I already had, so that was out. I wanted 35's. (I have 34.6" now).
They said no problem, we'll send that kit back for a small restock fee. Cool. So we decided the Ready Lift 2.5" kit, because it allows up to 35's.
I realized today it looks like the Zone kit is what they put on there...wtf right? And as I said- this kit only allows up to 33's, and I now have 34.6" to be exact.
Could be why the angle looks off...
Pretty ridiculous....hopefully it'll get sorted tomorrow.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
When I first contacted the shop- we decided on a Zone 2" level...a few days later I realized with that kit I would be limited to 33" tires. Which I already had, so that was out. I wanted 35's. (I have 34.6" now).
They said no problem, we'll send that kit back for a small restock fee. Cool. So we decided the Ready Lift 2.5" kit, because it allows up to 35's.
I realized today it looks like the Zone kit is what they put on there...wtf right? And as I said- this kit only allows up to 33's, and I now have 34.6" to be exact.

Can you take a picture that shows the whole control arm.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

sounds like someone made the decision it would be ok to use the Zone without you...or the mechanic didn't get the memo from the parts guy!