Raybestos Element 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Had to replace the font pads and rotors on my 2019 classic at 37500. The pads were so hopelessly seized into the caliper brackets, they were squealing and I didn't have great braking performance. My wheels have been getting covered in black dust for some time from this as well. I still had about 50% OEM pad life left, they were worn evenly and the caliper pins were free and sufficiently lubed, but the backing plates on the pads were swollen and almost rusted off. The rotors as well as pads could have been cleaned up and re-used, but I hate to go through all that clean and prep work and not put new parts on. It's almost faster to just use new stuff.

Huge difference in braking performance with these Raybestos E3's. The rotors are coated. The front pad/rotor kit was $107.79 + tax and shipping from the Rock.

I've owned this truck just over 13 months and ~23K miles. I did break down the rear brakes to clean and lube them right after I bought the truck w/ 15K miles on it given I like to address the P-brake cam actuators ASAP so those don't rust solid, which they will in as little as 2yrs in my climate.

oOciFril.jpg

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice.....I purchased Wagner OEX pads and coated rotors
Was gonna start work today
But plans changed :confused: now
Changing hot water heater!!

OP
OP
PoMansRam

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
But plans changed :confused: now
Changing hot water heater!!
I just got a twinge of anxiety at the very thought! Best of luck to you.

I'll do'em, but I'm more of a shark bite, or flex line/compression fitting kind of installer. LOL

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok....finally got around to doing my brakes this morning.....
Was a good time to rotate my tires also