RBZ upgraded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys I just upgraded to the 430 RBZ in my 06 ram I recently had a bad RER and got the opportunity for the upgrade, the radio runs flawlessly and I love it but I do have a few questions, 1 could I grab a Bluetooth box out of the car I got the radio and install it and get the Bluetooth functions, also is there any way at all I can get the clock to work properly is there any thing I could wire in to get it to function.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My clock will not even give me the option to change it. Its annoying. I have tried unplugging it an everything.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys I just upgraded to the 430 RBZ in my 06 ram I recently had a bad RER and got the opportunity for the upgrade, the radio runs flawlessly and I love it but I do have a few questions, 1 could I grab a Bluetooth box out of the car I got the radio and install it and get the Bluetooth functions, also is there any way at all I can get the clock to work properly is there any thing I could wire in to get it to function.
Not sure about the bluetooth, I know Coastaltech (you used their retro harness, right?) has some info about it. You do need the software patch so the clock updates from the GPS signal. I might still have it, I'll check after work.

OP
OP
Sampleswow

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure about the bluetooth, I know Coastaltech (you used their retro harness, right?) has some info about it. You do need the software patch so the clock updates from the GPS signal. I might still have it, I'll check after work.
No GPS signal none nav unit, and yes I used there harness.

OP
OP
Sampleswow

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

730N RHR MyGIG GPS Navigation Radio​

would be the upgrade for​

730N RER MyGIG GPS Navigation Radio

going with any 430 radio has less functions

Here is the breakdown of your radio & how to fix it

My RER cut itself off every 15ish minutes and had no touch screen even after replacement this RBZ works well and I like it I have no need for nav Google maps far superior and everyone said that the 430 was better than the 730 I mean I like it so far I just want the Bluetooth and clock features to function and I realize that with retrofit may require additional stuff to make it function properly I'm asking here in search of that information if my Bluetooth and clock work I will have all I could ever want from this upgrade.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
this may be helpful

For the clock, if you have Lockpick, you have to disconnect until the time of day matches your radios time & plug it back in

The 430 radio can be reset, but it does not always work

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No GPS signal none nav unit, and yes I used there harness.
Then you my friend are most likely screwed because the earlier CAN bus vehicles get their clock signal from a different place than the later vehicles, hence the need for the software patch in nav units (didn't realize you had a non-nav).

OP
OP
Sampleswow

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Then you my friend are most likely screwed because the earlier CAN bus vehicles get their clock signal from a different place than the later vehicles, hence the need for the software patch in nav units (didn't realize you had a non-nav).
That's alright I was just hoping someone knew if there was a way to kinda wire in whichever module it was looking for so that it would see it for the clock.
It came out of a 2011 dodge caravan if that information helps at all.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nah, doesn't matter what vehicle it came out of, that's the beauty of the retro harness.

OP
OP
Sampleswow

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nah, doesn't matter what vehicle it came out of, that's the beauty of the retro harness.
I'm talking about whichever module I need to pull to get the clock working what module tells the radio this is the time, everyone mentions a module but no one says what it is.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I thought for a minute that there might be a Can Bus issue

In 2009, the Ram 1500 & Jeep Grand Cherokee were given Can "C" Bus

Your truck is older, so that didn't have Can C

I don't know if the 2011 dodge caravan ever even received Can C

OP
OP
Sampleswow

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought for a minute that there might be a Can Bus issue

In 2009, the Ram 1500 & Jeep Grand Cherokee were given Can "C" Bus

Your truck is older, so that didn't have Can C

I don't know if the 2011 dodge caravan ever even received Can C
Is the can C the module that reports the time to the radio?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
NO
CAN bus C is a high-speed network

High-speed CAN networks are implemented with two wires and allow communication at transfer rates up to 1 Mbit/s. Other names for high-speed CAN include CAN C and ISO 11898-2. Typical high-speed CAN devices include antilock brake systems, engine control modules, and emissions systems.

Speed is important because up to 35 semiconductors are all sending information to the computer

OP
OP
Sampleswow

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
NO
CAN bus C is a high-speed network

High-speed CAN networks are implemented with two wires and allow communication at transfer rates up to 1 Mbit/s. Other names for high-speed CAN include CAN C and ISO 11898-2. Typical high-speed CAN devices include antilock brake systems, engine control modules, and emissions systems.

Speed is important because up to 35 semiconductors are all sending information to the computer
So is this or is this not the module that tells the radio what time it is? That's all I'm asking about the radio is working flawless for me but I would like to be able to use the clock feature, everyone mentions a module the cars are missing but no one says what module that is?

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
They may be referring to the external u-connect module which is used for bluetooth, although that module is not needed for the clock to work, as others have pointed out, the radio get it's time from the CAN-C bus in a newer vehicle, your vehicle is not equipped with that communication protocol.

OP
OP
Sampleswow

Sampleswow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They may be referring to the external u-connect module which is used for bluetooth, although that module is not needed for the clock to work, as others have pointed out, the radio get it's time from the CAN-C bus in a newer vehicle, your vehicle is not equipped with that communication protocol.
The Radio came out of a 2011 dodge grand caravan I just want to know what if at all possible I could go take out of that vehicle and wire the nessicary functions in for the clock to display time I'm honestly surprised that lock pick there self has not found any work around for this yet as it transmitts the other nessicary functions to the radio but not the clock function.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
See if this helps you at all. This is what I used when I was upgrading mine. @OnSale really helped me out.