RC vs BDS 6" Lift Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,

I have been comparing the RC and BDS 6" lift kit. RC is selling their kit at $1200 and the BDS one is $2000 so about $800 more.

I have compared the install instructions and they are almost the same.
I have compared the parts list and they look similar.
I can upgrade both kits to Fox 2.0 rear shocks.

The only differences which I can find is the warranty and that I can install an optional steering stabilizer with the BDS kit.

Just trying to rationalize the $800.

I am looking for something for a daily driver with about 2 weeks overlanding (trails, logging roads etc).

Thanks for the advice.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
BDS is a better lift and will probably give you a better ride then RCX. RCX is more a budget kit. I've used RCX for year's and never had any problems or complaints. If it's not going to break the bank I'd spend the extra on BDS. Or get the RCX and get fox shocks

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

OP
OP
A

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked at the parts and they look pretty similar.

Are BDS parts made with thicker material, tighter tolerances or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
RC usually uses thinner metal and a poor coating that wont last.

Have you looked at Zone, SuperLift, and Fabtech?? These are all quality lifts that have been used by many members here. All 3 of these will be less than the BDS. Let me know if your interested and we can get you more info and quotes.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Zone is a good choice also. They are owned by BDS.

I'm not sure if RCX is made from thinner material or not. They state that they make budget friendly lift kits. So the springs might be stiffer then other's the shocks aren't as smooth. It's possible in areas that use a lot of salt during the winter that the coating may not hold up as long, but neither does oem. After the first winter I had areas of my frame and axles were rusting. This summer I went through with a rust converter and undercoated the frame and axles.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

33HATT55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I’m currently going through this too. I’m wanting to lift my 06 mega cab 6”-8” but I been looking at videos of some complaints from bds. Carli I’m also looking at but dang that price. Are you doing a long arm or coil over?

AHoug723

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm also currently trying to look at this. I've been wanting to do a Zone, BDS, or Superlift 6" lift for my 1500 but they only offer a strut spacer for the front end. Rough country offers lifted struts as an upgrade. I know Zone, BDS, and Superlift are known to have superior quality but that strut spacer is making me want to get a rough county lift, or at least get their lifted struts and pair them with one of the other lifts. Anyone have any input on the subject?