RCSB OWNERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Come check out the Truck Of The Year contest and represent the RCSB trucks. There's not many on here, you have 3 choices, 1 Old School, 1 Mid School and 1 New School. It's just a little fun contest. If we vote maybe it'll get others to vote to beat us. I'm not trying to cause any bad vibes with anyone I just would love to see record numbers voting. Just trying to make a fun competition! To many nice trucks on this site for there to be such low voting numbers.

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How most people apparently see single cab pickups :005:

View attachment 484122
We need a disagree button next to the like button. That's the only style of truck available for years and they did their job just fine for 98% of people that bought trucks. I hunted all over for a RC truck this go round, my only complaint is that the damn few I did find, every stinking one of them is white no matter what brand. I have been in a "white rut" and wanted a RC in almost any other color (but it had to be a Dodge) and struck out. My last 2 Dakota's are/were white as is my wife's Durango. And now I'm back in a full size and stuck with white. I have a dirty job and me + white vehicles don't mix very well.i expressly did NOT want a damn 4 door.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
The only color that will keep me from buying a vehicle is black. Beautiful when they are clean. I owned 1 black vehicle in my life, I'm to a n a l about clean to own another one. One of the best looking colors "when clean"! White hides dents and imperfections pretty well!

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
They make some very nice looking 4 door trucks today. I understand people liking 4 doors if you have more than 2 passengers and pulling a RV while travelling or only have one vehicle, but luckily I only have 2 passengers now and it works out great for us. The payload on pickups are pretty disappointing so I have a trailer I pull behind mine if I need to haul more than a few sheets of plywood or 2x4's. I moved 28 years worth of stuff by myself on a 6x12 trailer (numerous trips) from one house to another when we bought another house about 60 miles apart so being a 2 door pickup didn't hinder one thing. I've always had 2 door cars but they (Mopar) quit making 2 door V-8 for the longest time so I went to RCSB trucks. My wifes car was always a 4 door something that we would travel in as a family. A RCSB pickup is the closest thing for me to the feeling of having a little hot rod muscle car, not that is any faster or better than others that's just the appeal for me. When they came out with the Challenger in 2008 it was the 2 door dream car for me that they should have been making all along and I had to have one and I did. Loved the car! I heard they stopped making the 2 door V-8 cars because no one wanted them but yet when they started making the retro models with the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang they couldn't make enough. Goes to prove whoever came up with that theory "nobody wants them" didn't know what they was talking about and don't speak for the masses. Enough ranting, I am just trying to explain why the RCSB pickup still works for some of us and whatever works for you hopefully you enjoy yours as well. Thank GOD we're all different, this world is becoming robotic enough without us becoming robots too!

Elvira

Reaction score
I love the look of a rcsb, easy to get around in, sporty and drives like a sports car. If i wanted a 4 dr, i would of bought a station wagon. Truck also fits in my garage. Not towing anything or having kids, I found no reason to own a 4 dr, especially in a truck. It is amazing how many 4 dr trucks around, and almost all of them only have the driver in them.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I love the look of a rcsb, easy to get around in, sporty and drives like a sports car. If i wanted a 4 dr, i would of bought a station wagon. Truck also fits in my garage. Not towing anything or having kids, I found no reason to own a 4 dr, especially in a truck. It is amazing how many 4 dr trucks around, and almost all of them only have the driver in them.
Yes, I forgot about the garage part, I can park in mine and still able to go all the way around it with the garage door shut and a lot of the people I know you couldn't get in the back seat if you wanted to because of the junk they pile in it that should go in the bed anyway, but it is their truck! LOL

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ten years married and people still sometimes ask us when we're gonna start having kids. My wife thinks that's rude like asking a blind man's opinion about a painting.

Admittedly not a great photo but here's my answer to those questions :Big Laugh:
kidz.jpg

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its been a while but I remember reading/ heaing something a few years back, about the real reason they have so many 4 door trucks and it had to do with some sort of emissions loophole that they could cheat the system with that they couldn't as easy, with a 2 door truck.
which throws out the "they make what sells" theory.
Rather, its the opposite. What they make, sells..... only BECAUSE WE HAVE SO LITTLE CHOICE in what is available any more. "Well everything has 4 doors, so that's what people are stuck with" since that's all there is any more. IDK that this has anything to do with it because GM and Ford has gone that way too.... but this "predominantly 4 door" thing started about the time that M-B bought out Chrysler.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the real reason they have so many 4 door trucks and it had to do with some sort of emissions loophole that they could cheat the system with that they couldn't as easy, with a 2 door truck.
which throws out the "they make what sells" theory.

CAFE requirements scale with the footprint of the vehicle. Basically the square represented by your track and wheelbase. You can add length to a vehicle without substantially changing its aerodynamic profile and that way it's "allowed" to emit more HC without penalty.

What sells is what's on the lot, I had to go find a fleet dealer and steal my RCSB from a forest service order because nobody had a 4wd RCSB in stock anywhere else in Arizona while I was shopping. Every dealer in Phoenix was eager to sell me what they had in stock, including some really good deals I turned down. If I had bought what they were offering, anybody could have pointed at my sale and said "see? people don't want single cabs!" when the truth is I did want a single cab I just couldn't find one.

For the dealer it's simple, they're in the business of making money and they know they can usually talk a single cab shopper into a 4 door but they'll never talk a 4 door shopper into a single cab. I don't blame them for that. But that still doesn't mean nObOdY wAnTs ReG cAbS.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ten years married and people still sometimes ask us when we're gonna start having kids. My wife thinks that's rude like asking a blind man's opinion about a painting.

Admittedly not a great photo but here's my answer to those questions :Big Laugh:
View attachment 484143
I spy a SN95 5 liter! GT?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Attachments

• IMG_20211224_122651_942.jpg
    IMG_20211224_122651_942.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220108_151120_005.jpg
    IMG_20220108_151120_005.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220116_201132_634.jpg
    IMG_20220116_201132_634.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 6

Mike Flea

US ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only color that will keep me from buying a vehicle is black. Beautiful when they are clean. I owned 1 black vehicle in my life, I'm to a n a l about clean to own another one. One of the best looking colors "when clean"! White hides dents and imperfections pretty well!
I agree. When my dad passed, we ( my brother's & I ), decided his black Plymouth Horizon, should go to my wife, as her blue Horizon had been passed to her eldest nephew. It looks great when clean, but shows everything when dirty. She now has a 2014, white Patriot, which, while she was down with covid, I was driving to work every snowfall. It has salt spray on it, but until the weather breaks from the below freezing temps, it won't get washed, sits on the driveway with my truck, which has the light pearl gray color. It too doesn't show the salt spray as obvious as the black.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio