Re: Flashing LED Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
Greetings All,
I installed H10 YELLOW 12V, 100W, PY20D LED fog light bulbs in my 2016 Ram 2500...
Love the output, much better illumination than stock and the yellow seems to get noticed better on the curvy roads roads in our mtns and in bad weather...

I had already installed an AEV Procal and there were no compatibility issues at that point...
I later installed an PETAL COMMANDER , after which my led fogs began flashing!

Can someone enlighten me with a simple fix for this issue, I`d really like to keep the led`s as they are superior to halogen bulbs imo.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure it's the Pedal Commander causing the problem.... have to removed it and seen if the problem still happens??? Can't see how one would have to do with the other in any way??? I have the Pedal Commander and LED fog light bulbs and I don't have any kind of issues.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Agree above, deinstall the pedal commander and see if that clears the fault. Do the FOG LEDs require a resistor, ballast, or some sort of anti-flicker mod, unless it's built in.?

OP
OP
R

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
LED fogs (just bulbs, no resistors) worked great until I installed the Pedal Commander, then came flashing fog lights!

Currently fighting a related issue, the replacement bulbs I installed to fix the LED problem awhile back (100w yellow halogen bulbs) apparently got so hot the driver side bulb fused itself/o-ring to the light bucket and the plug is also stuck to the bulb connection! Grrrrr

Going to try and heat with a hairdryer and see if I can get everything separated without breaking the plastic mounting bracket on the back of the light bucket!

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Pedal Commander has nothing to do with fog lights. Sounds like your problems are under the bumper, not under the dash at the gas pedal.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LED fogs (just bulbs, no resistors) worked great until I installed the Pedal Commander, then came flashing fog lights!

Currently fighting a related issue, the replacement bulbs I installed to fix the LED problem awhile back (100w yellow halogen bulbs) apparently got so hot the driver side bulb fused itself/o-ring to the light bucket and the plug is also stuck to the bulb connection! Grrrrr

Going to try and heat with a hairdryer and see if I can get everything separated without breaking the plastic mounting bracket on the back of the light bucket!

Lucky you didn't burn your truck down putting a 100w halogen bulb in your fog light!!!!

dl2011ms3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your dogs may have a built in resistor that went bad. Every light on the dodges seems to need some resistance that LED cannot provide. The canbus system on these trucks is annoying at times. The flashing is the test signal going to the lights looking for that resistance.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
Your dogs may have a built in resistor that went bad. Every light on the dodges seems to need some resistance that LED cannot provide. The canbus system on these trucks is annoying at times. The flashing is the test signal going to the lights looking for that resistance.

I am not electronics savy, any suggestions on a fix?

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Are you sure it's the Pedal Commander causing the problem.... have to removed it and seen if the problem still happens??? Can't see how one would have to do with the other in any way??? I have the Pedal Commander and LED fog light bulbs and I don't have any kind of issues.
+1
Drive by wire mod (PC) should have zero to do with your lights blinking.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Take the 100w bulbs out and put the right ones back in before you find out you shoulda bought that fire extinguisher!

The "fusion" of parts is a screaming warning to you. Those components could now be damaged and/or malfunctioning.

Go back to stock and see if you have a problem. If you do, report back with what's happening. Lot's of help here.

OP
OP
R

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
Turned off the fogs for now, haven`t had time to mess with the truck, here in the mtns Sept/Oct is "chores, get ready for winter time!"

And yes, I always carry a fire extinguisher, lights, 2 ton jack, compressor, tow strap and various tools...

dl2011ms3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I put an inline resistor. 10 ohm resistor will be plenty to trick the system to thinking a regular bulb is there.

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I know when I added HID lights and LED fogs I had to go into my AlfaOBD tool and enable the ecu to have it think there are LED fog bulbs present.