Re-Gearing for Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I couldn't seem to find any info about this, hence the post.

I have a 2019 Laramie 1500 4x4 crew cab. I want to lift but want to re-gear for the lift. As I understand there is nothing for the front diff as of now. However I understand you can replace it with an older diff from a 4th gen. my questions?

Is this basically a direct bolt in?

Do components on it need to be changed such as driveshaft yolk or bushing?

Are there some upgrades to look for when looking at diffs? Examples: Buying a diff with a 3.92 gear set wont require the purchase of a new carrier, for a larger gear set. Look for one with a factory locker identified by (such and such).

Is there a gear chart for the ram for ideal gear for tire size?

Thanks for any help.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You dont have to re-gear for a lift, but for Wheels and tires it would help. Ive lifted all my trucks and never re-geared, no issues to think of. the 8 speed really helps with larger wheels and tires.

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to add larger tires when I lift hence the need to re-gear. I don't want to loose performance.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
fair enough. I didnt see that much of a loss with 37x22x13.5 lost maybe .5 second on 0-60 runs. adding a cat back exhaust, pedal commander helped bring it back though.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the 4.10s on that truck, but I had a 2015 with 36s and 3.73 again no issues but did have cat back and CAI which offer minimal gains without a tune.