Real World 6.7L Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
During the period of 7/26 thru 8/3 we travelled from Apache Junction AZ and passed through Gallup NM, Grand Junction CO, Vernal UT, Rock Springs & Pinedale WY, then on to Cheyenne WY, Denver & Pueblo CO, Albuquerque & Socorro NM, then on through the rimrock country near Show Low AZ and returned to Apache Junction.

We did spend a few days camping outside of Pinedale WY during this trip which was a nice break from the Arizona summer heat.

This trip included 2-lane state highways, the infamous Colorado State Hwy 550 through the old mining route that starts in Durango, passes through Silverton & Ironton, ending in Ouray. If you've never travelled that route I would suggest you make sure your brakes are in good condition and that you travel through that area in the daytime. The peaks, canyons and curves are both breathtaking and dangerous all at the same time. We passed through similar two lane highways for most of our trip to our campsite. Our return home was mostly interstate highway except for the last 340 miles.

In any event, we covered 2460.3 miles and consumed 132.5 gallons of No. 2 diesel with a payload of about 850 lbs in the truck. That's an average of 18.56 MPG which surprised me given the grades, lack of constant speed and, of course, dodging the large orange plants that bloom in the middle of highways this time of year.

20200726_160451(0).jpg

20200726_164443.jpg

20200726_145305.jpg

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I’ve run that route hauling freight and you’re right, running at night is not for the faint of heart or inexperienced.

Very impressive MPG numbers! Are you running a 2500 or 3500?