Really Hard Shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
Hi guys , I have 2015 ram 1500 SLT , has 37 m/t tires , ive owned it for about 2 years now and has around 60,000 miles on it and the 8 speed trans, my question is im having hard shifting issues from 1st to 2nd and its starting to worry me a little , would the 37 inch tires be the problem ? the tires came on the truck when I got it , im also getting a CEL for the 3-way bay pass valve would that be part of the problem too ? it's not happening every now and then it when ever I driver it , when ever I stop then go again even after the truck has been warmed up still happens , any ideas why ?

thanks for the help !

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No point in guessing, might as well have a dealer or trans shop take a look at it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Hi guys , I have 2015 ram 1500 SLT , has 37 m/t tires , ive owned it for about 2 years now and has around 60,000 miles on it and the 8 speed trans, my question is im having hard shifting issues from 1st to 2nd and its starting to worry me a little , would the 37 inch tires be the problem ? the tires came on the truck when I got it , im also getting a CEL for the 3-way bay pass valve would that be part of the problem too ? it's not happening every now and then it when ever I driver it , when ever I stop then go again even after the truck has been warmed up still happens , any ideas why ?

thanks for the help !

Do you happen to have an aftermarket exhaust system too ....