Rear Camera Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, since I tried from Day #1 to figure out a way to disable that irritating rear-view camera anyway, if mine went out I probably would just let it go.

Brahma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just had my 2023 Bighorn done. Extremely hard to find info. Listed under "Customer Satisfaction Notification 08A" It has to do with the trailer steering module apparently not switching the backup camera on "during certain conditions".

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
I got the letter from FTC that reads with the same information from the NTSB notice linked by the OP.

The letter also gave instructions on how the owner could do the download and upgrade of software on their own. RAM had a nearly usless video on YouTube that I watched.....

Since I am not having the problem, yet, on my 2022, I decided to just wait until I have to do it.

For all I know, the software automatically updated, since I am set for that and notifications.

Because of where I now live (tight access to parking in/out), this is the first time/vehicle that I've ever actually used the backup camera as a part of the routine. Mostly because the truck is lifted so high, and I'm getting use to the 4 door cab length option, I can't see "near" behind the top of the tailgate.

I'll hunt for that letter, in a bit, and post a copy of it with the URL link and other instructions (besides going to the Dealer) and post that.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had my 2023 Bighorn done. Extremely hard to find info. Listed under "Customer Satisfaction Notification 08A" It has to do with the trailer steering module apparently not switching the backup camera on "during certain conditions".
I also received a notice titled "Customer Satisfaction Notification - Code 08A"...it states its related to a Powertrain Control Module Software issue, more specifically the Malfunction Lamp Indicator...see details of the needed repair below. Has anyone else received this? Code 08A must be some general code used for these types of notifications. I have a 2023 1500 Limited by the way.
2023 Ram Recall Notice.jpg

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a letter in the mail. It said dealer can do it, or I can do it. I got a prompt in my truck to install and update.... Thought I did it. Took the truck in for an oil change and they said it hadn't been updated, so they updated it for me.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I got a letter in the mail. It said dealer can do it, or I can do it. I got a prompt in my truck to install and update.... Thought I did it. Took the truck in for an oil change and they said it hadn't been updated, so they updated it for me.
How would you 'do it yourself'?