Rear coil spacers with stock shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWatson22

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First post on here....

2019 Ram 1500 classic, warlock, 4x4
So a 4th gen ram.

Would 1.5" or 2" rear spacers be okay with the original factory shocks. I don't want to over extend the shocks too much or cause clunking/ noise. It's hard to find lift shocks for the rear to fit.

(Bilstein 5100 2.8" in the front, and I want rake. I think the 1" bilstein rear shocks would be kind of pointless but I'm not sure)

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rear shocks. Not struts. Front are struts. I tagged you in a warlock thread that should answer your question

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
First post on here....

2019 Ram 1500 classic, warlock, 4x4
So a 4th gen ram.

Would 1.5" or 2" rear spacers be okay with the original factory shocks. I don't want to over extend the shocks too much or cause clunking/ noise. It's hard to find lift shocks for the rear to fit.

(Bilstein 5100 2.8" in the front, and I want rake. I think the 1" bilstein rear shocks would be kind of pointless but I'm not sure)
No

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had 3'' spacers with factory shocks for a short while. It sucked and the shocks are now even more blown than they were before. Get lift springs and proper extended shocks.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced my rear springs with 2” drop springs, which i know is not what you want. But the point is that when i removed the springs, the spring pockets were not very deep… l would estimate less than two inches. Hence, with spacers added to either end of the spring, i dont know if any of the spring would be inside the spring pocket….hence it could fall out??????
Seems like 2” lift springs would be a better choice and use extended shocks. Then everything would be correct.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2" lift spacers in the rear of my 18. Stock shocks. Rides fine, but I do get a little bump steer in the rear over large bumps on the highway. I will add a track bar bracket at some point.

Only time it sees dirt is dirt roads in state game lands and campgrounds.

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
I have 2" lift spacers in the rear of my 18. Stock shocks. Rides fine, but I do get a little bump steer in the rear over large bumps on the highway. I will add a track bar bracket at some point.

Sounds scary AF in the winter. Bump steer on the rear on an icy overpass is nothing I would ever accept as OK.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds scary AF in the winter. Bump steer on the rear on an icy overpass is nothing I would ever accept as OK.
When the roads are icy/slippery I'm not driving fast enough that I get it. Have to be doing 60+ and hit a big bump.

Its honestly very rare that it happens, but it does happen.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Is this what I get when I go over expansion joints on an interstate bridge?

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is this what I get when I go over expansion joints on an interstate bridge?
Probably. Does the rear seem to kick to one side when you hit large bumps?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably. Does the rear seem to kick to one side when you hit large bumps?
Mine was wicked with Icon springs and longer Fox 2.0 shocks. I had to install an aftermarket track bar to calm it down, then upgraded rear lower control arms helped even more.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine was wicked with Icon springs and longer Fox 2.0 shocks. I had to install an aftermarket track bar to calm it down, then upgraded rear lower control arms helped even more.
Mine feels like it’s jumping one way or the other. I just chalked it up to an empty bed but I guess not.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine feels like it’s jumping one way or the other. I just chalked it up to an empty bed but I guess not.
Remembered this thread and thought I would post. I just replaced my factory rear shocks with Bils 5100s for lifts. I have 2" spacers on the factory coils. I am no longer getting the jumping you explained when I hit large bumps going highway speeds. It rides WAY better. I wish I would have replaced the shocks sooner.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remembered this thread and thought I would post. I just replaced my factory rear shocks with Bils 5100s for lifts. I have 2" spacers on the factory coils. I am no longer getting the jumping you explained when I hit large bumps going highway speeds. It rides WAY better. I wish I would have replaced the shocks sooner.
I have bilsteins front and rear so it can’t be that I wouldn’t think.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have bilsteins front and rear so it can’t be that I wouldn’t think.
Do you have the rear lifted and do you have stock length Bilsteins or Bilsteins for the lift you running?

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the rear lifted and do you have stock length Bilsteins or Bilsteins for the lift you running
Rear is lifted with a longer spring and I’m pretty sure the bilsteins are made for the lift I got the super lift off nick here who is a vendor.