rear end is leaking now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was under my truck the other day after I had got done with cleaning the sliders on the calipers and noticed what looked like a bunch of crap built up on the rearend so cleaned it all off and kept a eye on it well now that its been a few days of watching it I have found that the rear seal is leaking . I have also noticed the last 5 or 6 times I have driven it that when I stop at a light the rear end kind of feels like it jumps or jerks a head which is something new . I have been having another problem which starts in the rear of the truck bouncing / vibrating ill drive say 13-14 miles turn around and drive the sameway back and it'll start bouncing / vibrating when I hit 40 to about 52 mph it'll start in the rear and go through the whole truck I even twice had the steering wheel jerk back and forth just like it had a death wabble the dealer knows about this and thought it might be a balancing problem but now they don't think so . has anybody else had any of these problem or all ? also found I have one tire [on the front] cracked really bad near the bead the other 3 plus the spare look good . pretty bad for a truck that only has 15,000 on it .

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
15000 miles is pretty rare for a truck that rolled off the assembly line ~5~ yrs ago.

Sounds like you need tires,,,

madrussian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought this was a thread about Chipotle...

ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

I'll show myself out...

OP
OP
O

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
15000 miles is pretty rare for a truck that rolled off the assembly line ~5~ yrs ago.

Sounds like you need tires,,,

yup bought it new in oct. 2010 first one the dealer got in . my work is only 10miles round trip and just small trips . what gets me is its only one tire and it seems like its only on the inside and the dealer has always rotated my tires and they say they check them over etc. you would have thought they would have seen it course they do have anything to do with the tires they just told me to get a hold of goodyear and good luck which I thought was a little crappy on there part . guess ill start rotating them myself so I can keep a eye on them .

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Attempt at a somewhat more useful answer... the 2011s were subject to the pinion nut recall, has this been checked/done ?

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have an 09 that I bought two years ago. Pinion nut recall was done before I bought it but just the past couple of months I had the rear seal start leaking. Got that fixed than after that I heard a whineng noise while drive. At first thought it was the hubs bring it to the dealer come to find out that the rear gears were eating themselves up. Had to have the whole rear rebuilt. Thankfully I had the extended warranty.