Rear leaf spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gazza666

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8:3
hey up my friends,I have a 2005 srt 10 and based in the UK,I only want to lower the rear of the truck an (inch) to make it level but for some reason the rear leaf springs are sitting above the rear axle,is this right or wrong?? I've looked at other forums and it always shows the leaf spring sitting below the rear axle, I want to fit a set of blocks between the axle and leaf spring but which way round do I fit them??????Any ideas thanks

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do you have a regular cab (2dr) or a quad cab (4dr)? There is a difference in how they are sprung and even the springs themselves. If yours is over the axle then you have a quad cab. Stock they look like this:

Reg cab, designed to go under and even has built in snubbers (all the way up front) plus utilize a wind up shock
57-1.jpg

Quad cab, oversprung just like a regular Ram since the quad cab actually had a tow rating (this one is actually under my truck)
DSC01386.JPG
DSC01387.JPG

To lower the ass end an inch on a quad cab is actually quite easy, use a lowering shackle, like so:
DSC00292.JPG

Easy peasey

OP
OP
G

Gazza666

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8:3
Thanks my friend,you learn something new every day,will have a go