Rear light bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hot94Z28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I was leaving my local Wally World I had my left rear tail light pop up as bad. So I went back in and found only the LED replacements so I bought them. Then it showed both were bad, I went another Wally World and bought just the regular replacement bulbs and still shows both as bad.

Now both sides are working, LED, regular bulbs, and still shows both sides bad when it just showed the left side as bad. It’s working just pops up they are bad and was wondering what a fix is? Any help is welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
If you put regular incandescent 3157 bulbs in the truck, it should be fine and the EVIC display should clear itself. If you use LEDs then you either need CANBUS compatible LEDs to "fool" the system into thinking there are regular incandescent bulbs.

If you have AlfaOBD app and a DatalinkMX you can change the Body Control Module setting for the lights to LED and it should eliminate the problem.

As far as using the regular incandescent bulbs, it may have to go through a few starting and shut down cycles to clear it...

OP
OP
Hot94Z28

Hot94Z28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guess I’m putting the regular bulbs back in, I figured if it’s going to fault out might as well have LED’s.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
You could use the resistors if ya really want to use the leds

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

OP
OP
Hot94Z28

Hot94Z28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You could use the resistors if ya really want to use the leds

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

I got LEDs because that’s all they had. I hope it stops in a day or so.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
LED's are definately brighter by a large margin. They cycle on/off quicker too.

This might not seem important but, as a biker of 40+ yrs, three quick taps on the brake warns folks behind you to decrease speed and be prepared to stop.

With stock bulbs, I found my 3 quick taps was just one long brakelight. The bulbs wouldn't go off & come back on quick enough between taps to ever appear to be off.

LED's are fast. Now, without changing my input speed, I have three very distinct brake lights in a row.

Now, if I could figure out a way to tap the top of my helmet (cab) to warn oncoming trucks there's a cop up ahead of them! [emoji41]

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I switched all my lights to Canbus compatible led’s off eBay or amazon. Never got an error code. Again I recommend YouTube boosted motorsports. He did all led’s and put links on what worked and what didn’t.

OP
OP
Hot94Z28

Hot94Z28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bumping this cause I got AlfaOBD and tried to switch in my led bulbs, no dice. So I turned it off but after some time with the regular bulbs it still says bulbs are out but not all the time.

Is there a setting I need to turn back on? Any help would be appreciated.