Rear middle seat belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Hey everyone I just test fit my car seat in the rear of my quad cab. There is plenty of room for the seat to fit in the middle, the anchors all fit that is gravy. The problem I am having is the fact that the middle seat auto lock function doesn't work. On all my other seat belts I can pull them all the way out and they will stay locked until they are all the way back up my middle seat isn't doing that and I'm wondering if I have a problem or is just the way they are? I can't fit the seat behind either front seat (it can go behind the passanger front seat but my wife's knees would be touching the dash). So can a few of yall pull your middle seat belts and see if they lock up and stay locked for me?

Lastly if I jerk on it :crazy: it will lock that function is working properly

Thanks in advance.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Double check your owners manual as to where they suggest placing the seat.
In my 02 quad and now in my 14 crew cab I have it behind the passenger seat. Yes it sucks in the quad cab that you loose alittle leg room in the front. But to me and my wife, the added security of having the seat back in front of the car seat was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Upon further reading the car seat manual says use one or the other use the anchors or the belt just not both together. I just don't understand why it doesn't lock there are 4 anchors across the back so they can be positioned in all 3 spots.

OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
That's what I'm wondering it says it twice in the book so they are serious about it.

OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Has anyone made it to there trucks and seen if the middle seatbelt locks when fully pulled out and stays locked until it is fully retracted??