Rear Suspension Squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbone63

Fast & Furious ish
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a nasty squeak in my rear suspension that comes and goes. It always goes away when it's raining out. I suspect shock bolts or maybe control arm bolts could use some grease. I fogged the crap out of everything with WD40 but still there. Has anyone found one thing that seems to be the culprit so i can save some time monkeying around with it? It's literally driving me insane.
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
tbone63

tbone63

Fast & Furious ish
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I also installed Air Lift 5000 bags last year but it only squeaks in the last month or so.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What would I check on them? That it is dislodged?
They have been know to wear out ,and then the top of the spring will have a metal to metal contact point,which can lead to an annoying squeak.Ran into on a buddies truck a few years back,took awhile to find it. The best way to look them over is to pull the rear springs out,so you can check the rubber isolater over close on the top of the spring. Not saying it's your issue,but if you've checked everything else over,and still have noise,it's another place to look.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990