Rear wheel stud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jefferd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have one bad stud on my driver side rear wheel .. ive read some say you have to remove the axle others say there is a sweet spot to pop it out.. any help appreciated

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
there is a sweet spot to pop it out. jack it up and put it on jackstands pull look behind the wheel and you will see. spin the tire to the spot where the stud in question is and hit it with a 4lb hammer and knock it out and pull a new one into place. any tire shop worth a crap will do it for you.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The most common reason for a bad wheel stud is a garage or tire shop using a air impact wrench to run the nut onto the stud, using too much torque
That could easily stretch the studs threads & even snap the stud right off

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The most common reason for a bad wheel stud is a garage or tire shop using a air impact wrench to run the nut onto the stud, using too much torque
YUP: WHICH is why I have ne thing done to tires, I TELL EM not to hammer on with gun. Snug up tight, then use Torque wrench to 130 lbs. I also carry my wrench and 22 MM socket and confirm. Me thinks they get mad, but my ride, not care, LOL. BUT then I's a BOIRD !!!

OP
OP
Jefferd

Jefferd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly what happened ... ima try the sweet spot method ... thanks