Rearend collision Test - Ram 1 Mitsubishi 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Need a system like Australia. Your registration expiration matches your insurance expiration. Insurance companies are obligated to cover the car for the length of the policy. It is up to them if they want to let the driver make payments on the premium or get it all up front. Caught without insurance or expired tag and car is impounded until you show up with a valid policy / registration. At least this is how it was when my aunt lived there. Not many uninsured on the roads.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was rear ended a few years ago. Thankfully I was in a work truck. An 03 Silverado. It was another 03 Silverado that hit me. I was at a dead stop waiting to make a left and he got me, doing every bit of 45 mph. He had no insurance. Not sure if he was a US citizen. Cops never told us. My boss fixed the truck the best he could and kept using it. I'm sure the frame was tweaked a bit.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Need a system like Australia. Your registration expiration matches your insurance expiration. Insurance companies are obligated to cover the car for the length of the policy. It is up to them if they want to let the driver make payments on the premium or get it all up front. Caught without insurance or expired tag and car is impounded until you show up with a valid policy / registration. At least this is how it was when my aunt lived there. Not many uninsured on the roads.

I lived in Qatar for two years and it was the same. The insurance companies had booths at the equivalent of the DMV and you had to buy a policy for the length of time your plates were good for. You also had to have a police report to get bodywork done. Even if you just wanted to repaint the car as an upgrade or the like, you'd need a police inspection. This was supposed to be an anti-hit/run measure. I'm sure there was a black market for body shops, though I never had the need to look into it.

FPrice

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I got more damage from a parking pole...you're so lucky.

Side note: ever notice how many Ram owners have a driver side ding from backing into parking poles?
Its my new "Slug Bug"

One of the extras that came on my 2017 Ram 1500 was the Park Assist option. I did not realize it at first but it is EXTREMELY helpful in parking, especialy considering the size of my truck and the difficulty seeing over the hood and behind.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
few years back had a kid rearend me, cop that responded was a school resource officer on way to to work, and of course did not have her computer in car to check info out.
Kid was driving his G/Fs car which had insurance.
When I contacted her company they said well we have to check into this,(They never reported it).
They called me back and said she claims he stole the car and she didnt know it.
No report of of it being stolen.
So i did some checking and found out the kid and his G/F were still together and had just had a kid.
I called her insurance back and they still were sticking to there story she didnt know him.
WELL here is where i had them, I googled them both and searched facebook and told the insurance company they were a a couple and I had proof they knew each other, told them to google her and facebook search her, then i said i have contacted my lawyer because you are trying to screw me.
Next day the company called and said Sorry we will take care of damages.
Guess they thought I would run away.

MRFREEZE57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Stopped at a light, took a direct hit from a 2004 Mitsubishi. Driver wasn't paying attention. He braked, but not enough. Damage to bumper, bumper cap, sensors, and exhaust system. Was able to drive home with no weird noises or issues.

Other driver was riding dirty. No insurance, vehicle not registered properly. Motor cop was great. Smacked him with citations for no insurance and careless driving, which all require a visit with the judge. Luckily I drive with full coverage.

zr7YERE.jpg

oeBiORf.jpg

why is it that states pass laws requiring insurance but put no teeth in them?
several years back my nephew was hit by an uninsured driver, the driver just received a citation and was let go. why not have it if one is illegally driving, their vehicle is towed and impounded until they pay up for the damage caused and show 1 year insurance purchased until receiving their vehicle again.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No insurance is common in Floriduh.

No insurance is an issue anywhere that local government has decided to supersede Federal Law by forcing sanctuary city status on the residents regardless of citizenship nor without a vote from the public. Without legal residency you cannot obtain a drivers license, without a drivers license you cannot insure or register a car.

Our brilliant politicians in New York, and our governor being the brightest of them all has made it law that those without legal immigration status can still obtain a drivers license, but that the DMV cannot provide access to Federal authorities so as to stop ICE. They can't even request immigration status from someone when they stop them or arrest them.

I have no problem with immigration, every American has some immigrant in them, unless your a full blooded native american indian. I do have a problem with breaking the law, and that when you do you pay the consequences. I drive above the speed limit. I get stopped I get a ticket (or worse depending on actual speed), I do not get sanctuary status cause I own a Ram with a Hemi and therefore have the power and capability to break the speed limit in a heartbeat. So why do those that break our immigration laws and have no intentions and have taken no action to obtain legal status get a pass........:Rant:

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I got more damage from a parking pole...you're so lucky.

Side note: ever notice how many Ram owners have a driver side ding from backing into parking poles?
Its my new "Slug Bug"

I’m part of that club [emoji106][emoji106].

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
By law....we are required to have insurance.....I pay my insurance and I can't stand these jerks who get away with not having any. If someone is involved in an accident and doesn't have insurance....their driving license should be revoked....if they do it again.....jail the jerks. If it's the law....do it or pay the price.
The same "people" that don't buy insurance, will got not give a damn if they have a licence or not. they have no regard for any one. Same as all the drunks on the road and their stupid face in a cell phone when driving.

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
Seems to me that if you are at fault and have no insurance, you should immediately have to forfeit whatever is left of your car. Whatever that brings would be at least a down payment towards the repair of the other vehicle.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
My 13 Ram was totaled in November by an uninsured driver. Found out that there is an insurance company that if you make one payment they will tell the police that your insurance is good, but when you make the claim they say it expired the day before your wreck. She ran a red light on the shoulder doing 60+ and hit me as I was turning. She had filed for bankruptcy 3 times in 8 years and she lives in a rented trailer. My insurance is covering it, but I had to get a lawyer.

oldguy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got rear ended recently in wife's T&C minivan. Kid had no license,or insurance. Cop just let him drive away.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had similar rearending..I was last in a 4 car deal...semi nailed a little car that smashe'd into cherokee that hit me.....my trailer hitch punched through the Cherokees wonderful plastic bumper settup and his ac and radiator...I had a golf ball sized ding in my bumper...1st car totaled out over 21k,Cherokee 6700,mine 700...could not believe it didn't get my tailgate..I'd say his crunched in about 14 inches or so the way it looked..had little hole in his bumper..really weird...like sticking a pencil in a sponge and pulling it out

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Damn KnurledNut, that sucks. I've been rear ended 3 times since moving to Tampa a year ago. They were just small impacts at stoplights in my Kia. The insurance rates in Florida are ridiculous. There are so many unisured/underinsured drivers down here.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The same "people" that don't buy insurance, will got not give a damn if they have a licence or not. they have no regard for any one. Same as all the drunks on the road and their stupid face in a cell phone when driving.

I got hit head on by a drunk going 100 KPH. I managed to maneuver and avoid direct head on and was an overlap. Still messed me up but prob saved my life. I was his 4th incident of that nature. He was already prohibited from driving. No insurance. No license etc. He’s lucky I was driving my beater car that day. At the time I had a 2008 Ram 1500 lifted and he was in a Hyundai. No way I could have moved out of the way in time and he would have kissed my bumper with his face. Maybe I would have done the world a favour [emoji2369]

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Got rear ended recently in wife's T&C minivan. Kid had no license,or insurance. Cop just let him drive away.

If this is true that officer should be immediately terminated. That's absurd and ridiculous.

You should report him to the municipality he/she works for.