Reassign Key Fob ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRickyRam85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a key fob for my Challenger that I had before I got my Ram. Would it be possible to reprogram this key fob to my Ram?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it the same fob as your RAM? You'll need the FCC ID from both of them...even if they look like same they might not be compatible.

If they ARE compatible, you might be a good candidate to have it unlocked....someone on the forum bought a tool that advertises it can unlock previously used fobs. Send a PM to @STecoD if you are interested (you would have to send the fob to him to get it unlocked)

Once it is unlocked, if you have AlfaOBD you can program the fob to your truck using the app and a bluetooth OBD adapter (OBD MX recommended)

Without the app, you could pay a dealer to do it but that kinda defeats the purpose :) Im sure you could pay them or a locksmith to unlock it, but Im pretty sure the charge would be typical dealer marked up.

OP
OP
CRickyRam85

CRickyRam85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it the same fob as your RAM? You'll need the FCC ID from both of them...even if they look like same they might not be compatible.

If they ARE compatible, you might be a good candidate to have it unlocked....someone on the forum bought a tool that advertises it can unlock previously used fobs. Send a PM to @STecoD if you are interested (you would have to send the fob to him to get it unlocked)

Once it is unlocked, if you have AlfaOBD you can program the fob to your truck using the app and a bluetooth OBD adapter (OBD MX recommended)

Without the app, you could pay a dealer to do it but that kinda defeats the purpose :) Im sure you could pay them or a locksmith to unlock it, but Im pretty sure the charge would be typical dealer marked up.
My Ram fob is 3 button; lock, unlock, panic. The Challenger fob is 4 button; lock, unlock, panic, and trunk.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What year challenger was it?

Is the fob the same shape as the RAM one, at least?

For example, my truck uses GQ4-54T which is the push to start keyfob for a RAM.

OP
OP
CRickyRam85

CRickyRam85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yeah, they're identical. The Challenger fob has an FCC ID on the back, but the Ram fob does not.b8d879e20b8d474be869dab0ce8cad62.jpg

OP
OP
CRickyRam85

CRickyRam85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Challenger was a 2011

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
They are the same shape but the guts are different. The Ram is FCCID: GQ4-53T which is written on the tip. Pretty hard to see. FCC: IYZ-C01C should be the Challenger key. I can clear it but the guts won’t work with the Ram. Should be a lot of keys coming available if you wanted to buy some from the guys that are upgrading to the KeylessAndGo system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CRickyRam85

CRickyRam85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are the same shape but the guts are different. The Ram is FCCID: GQ4-53T which is written on the tip. Pretty hard to see. FCC: IYZ-C01C should be the Challenger key. I can clear it but the guts won’t work with the Ram. Should be a lot of keys coming available if you wanted to buy some from the guys that are upgrading to the KeylessAndGo system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet! I'll keep an eye out for those