Recommend me a nice cruiser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe you guys can help me choose a car as I'd like to start putting less miles on my Ram.

Here's my requirements;

-Maximum price $25k..ish...i'd pony up a little more coin for the right car
-used with relatively low miles
-must be ultra-reliable (will be putting on about 20k per year)
-Must be big and comfortable
-some decent power...i'm not too concerned with gas mileage
-AWD would be a bonus, but not a necessity

Anyone got any ideas for me?

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
That's easy for me and just my opinion. I had a 2010 Challenger R/T 5.7 Hemi 6 speed manual that cost me way under the $25.000, had 90ish thousand miles (not sure what is low miles to you) was very reliable to me (would and did drive it anywhere) Was big enough and comfortable enough for me and my wife, rode very good. Fantastic power wise, got an honest 25 plus MPG on the highway. I personally couldn't have ask for more.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
To be honest, those requirements sound like they are matched by your truck that you already have.

You could add the charger to the mix, four doors, large, and lots of power if you get the hemi version(s).

OP
OP
Rusty Shackleford
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To be honest, those requirements sound like they are matched by your truck that you already have.

You could add the charger to the mix, four doors, large, and lots of power if you get the hemi version(s).

Thats a good point and something ive been thinking about...

Thats actually the reason i bought my truck in the first place..

Do i just drive it and not worry about the miles im putting on?

I just love my Ram so much id hate to destroy it in just a few years unless im worrying too much.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Man that would be so awesome....i was born in the wrong era

Nah - that was just a joke. As was the vehicle....5,000 pounds of rusting steel plates that rode like a blimp with a gas-drinking monster V8 and constant breakdowns is hardly a fond memory!

Good luck to you, though!

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Someone on here is looking into the Chrysler 300's and I'm not sure about the future of that line, but the 200's are fairly decent too and used ones are fairly low priced.

I'll be looking for a 2nd vehicle soon as well, but I'm probably just gonna buy my daughters Civic.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My 2 cents . Look at the Hyundai Tucson or Santa Fe AWD . A Elantra or Sonita is also a good choice in cars but not AWD ! My Daughter Had the Elantra for 100k sold it to a friend still has it, Went to a Tucson till she totaled it and got another Tucson. The Santa Fe is a little bigger ! Those I have had or know people who had those

aces-n-eights

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We recently bought a 2017 Lincoln MKZ. It's an AWD or FWD sedan (ours is AWD) and we got one with the 3.0l turbo v-6 that puts out 400 hp. I would call it a mid-size, but it is quiet, comfortable and powerful. 2017's are easily found for less than $30k.

I can't really comment on reliability - we've had a couple of little things pop up - but overall a nice car. The times it's been in the shop has been a good experience. We get a Lincoln loaner car and it's delivered to us.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
An extra vehicle will never save you money, when you factor in depreciation, registration, insurance, maintenance...

This from a guy with 5 vehicles in the family for 2 drivers. ;)
And that’s just the ones with license plates.

So, if it’s in your budget to have a plaything, go for it! In which case get what you really like. I’d be wanting something dissimilar to a pickup myself. Sporty car probably. Why not go on a tour of car lots and do some test drives? Find what speaks to you. Sometimes I find the vehicle I had my eye on is unpleasant to drive. Sometimes I find something I had no prior interest in until I get in it.

One of the most fun to drive vehicles I’ve owned was a VW Golf GTI. Good, but not great power, but the handling and precision of the steering, brakes, and gearbox was magical.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
3 series BMW is pretty comfortable, good headroom, reliable, decent on fuel depending on engine and awd fairly common as well as used parts. Could get a V6 charger for smallish money as just a comfy cruiser. Honda accord is another decent option and kind of in between on size.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My work 2017 Ford Explorer is a great :"Cruiser" haha ;)

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
My 2 cents . Look at the Hyundai Tucson or Santa Fe AWD . A Elantra or Sonita is also a good choice in cars but not AWD ! My Daughter Had the Elantra for 100k sold it to a friend still has it, Went to a Tucson till she totaled it and got another Tucson. The Santa Fe is a little bigger ! Those I have had or know people who had those

Sat in those @ the 2019 Auto Show....found 'em quite uncomfortable. Maybe it's just my big a$$??

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Some times I have to go back to the title of this site to make sure I'm on the right one. Can't quite understand recommending an X brand vehicle on a RAM site. I know it's America and freedom of choice but I can't imagine the backlash I would get going to "ANY" X brand site and recommending a Mopar product! What am I missing?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Some times I have to go back to the title of this site to make sure I'm on the right one. Can't quite understand recommending an X brand vehicle on a RAM site. I know it's America and freedom of choice but I can't imagine the backlash I would get going to "ANY" X brand site and recommending a Mopar product! What am I missing?
The reason a lot of us like this site.

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Understood, guess I'm alone.

Go to any other car discussion site: Mustang forums, Hyundai, Mazda, Chevy, ect... You will find a sub-forum just like this one called ‘other vehicle discussions’. Bet you’ll never guess what they talk about there....

Back on topic: If not motorcycle; I’d recommend something small and light, stick shift, high strung and fun. Think BRZ, Miata, type R.