Recommendations on 2013 2500 Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

illyb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I recently bought a 2013 Cummins powered 2500 crew cab. :favorites13:

I am looking to make a few mods to the truck.
  • Bedline the bed
  • Install a gooseneck hitch
  • Install a tonneau bed cover
  • Install airbags (maybe)

I've already got things squared away for the bedliner, and will spray it after installing the hitch. I'm interested in recommendations for the other three mods, as I am a first time RAM owner (I am a long time Jeeper, and bought the RAM to tow my Jeeps around) and don't know many of the companies that make aftermarket truck parts, much less companies that make aftermarket parts for RAMs.

What are good brands of gooseneck hitches?
What are good brands of tonneau covers?
What are good brands of airbags?

For the recommended brands, why are they good? Ease of install, durability, cost, because your buddy works for them, etc.?

Any recommendations that can be provided would be most helpful. I have been somewhat overwhelmed by the various options of gooseneck hitches on the market, as well as tonneau covers. I haven't looked into airbags much. Obviously any tonneau cover I get would need to be easily removable and/or foldable/retractable to be compatible with gooseneck towing.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction and getting my new RAM off to a good start!

OP
OP
I

illyb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Thats pretty slick illyb. Have not see that before. I don't see how it could get in the way of the gooseneck.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Nice! Looks like its time to place an order :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
I

illyb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just an update ...

So I got the gooseneck hitch installed a few months ago, and I bedlined the truck myself with Gatorhyde about a month ago. I just placed an order for a Bakflip F1 and a Bakbox 2 ... should be here later this week or first thing next week. Things are moving right along. :headbang:

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I recently bought a 2013 Cummins powered 2500 crew cab. :favorites13:

I am looking to make a few mods to the truck.
  • Bedline the bed
  • Install a gooseneck hitch
  • Install a tonneau bed cover
  • Install airbags (maybe)

I've already got things squared away for the bedliner, and will spray it after installing the hitch. I'm interested in recommendations for the other three mods, as I am a first time RAM owner (I am a long time Jeeper, and bought the RAM to tow my Jeeps around) and don't know many of the companies that make aftermarket truck parts, much less companies that make aftermarket parts for RAMs.

What are good brands of gooseneck hitches?
What are good brands of tonneau covers?
What are good brands of airbags?

!

Curt Hitch, manufactured in Wisconsin, makes a 20k 5th wheel hitch which also has an adapter plate for a 20k gooseneck. I have the 5th wheel setup and intend on adding the adapter for use on our farm.

Air Lift air bag systems are excellent. One of, if not, the best in the market.

Eaton G80 centripetal locking rear differential. I wish Rams came with this standard, and honestly, there's no reason but Chrysler being cheap that they aren't standard.

I changed my OEM limited (hardly any better than open diffs) some time ago and have been thrilled with the results. I also added an ARB air locker to the front differential, but in retrospect haven't used this as much as I thought I might; maybe half a dozen times in very wet fields. Unless you are doing offroading pretty seriously and/or pretty often just go with the G80 and you will be happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank