Recommended exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Got a 95 Ram 1500 with a 5.9L

Currently have a single exhaust with a glass pack. Glass pack has lost it's sound and I was wondering what the best setup would be.

I want to get cat back dual 40 series but not too sure about the back pressure and stuff. Also wanna get my catty hollowed out if I'm doing this and what will have to be done with the o2 sensor?

I like a loud rumble and don't get inspected due to Ohio registration. Just don't want any power loss/suffering.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
if you get sniff test, don't remove cats...is all the pipe still in good condition?

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Duals out the back from a y no muffler and rolled tips.

Needaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look at the exhaust clip thread for ideas

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Full magnaflow system .... sold one to a local guy with a 5.9 .... loves it and sounds awesome .

ParrotHead FA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Why not go with duals & straight pipes? Either hook up to your stock manifolds or get a set of shorty headers, then run the pipes right out the back with no mufflers or cats. Gives a good boost in fuel economy, more towing power and better acceleration, and sounds fantastic. I get so many compliments on the sound of my Ram 4x4 with the 5.2 and straight pipe exhaust, and when people learn its no mufflers or cats, they are often surprised. Plus, didn't have to pay for mufflers, just pipe & bending, so it wasn't that expensive. I think many people get way too caught up in what mufflers to use. If it's performance you're after, then why not just open it up and let it breathe and enjoy that unstifled engine growl. Plus, I've never heard one of those cat back 'street legal' systems that I didn't think sounded like my dad's old '73 plymouth fury wagon when the muffler started rusting out IMHO. I mean why pay good money to have your car or truck sound like its got a hole in the muffler? Or to sound like a bumblebee in a tin can, like flowmasters do, lol.
Dave

Last edited: