Recommended Exterior Cleaning Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll add a few things as well.....

Washing:

1. Don't wash the wheels and body with the same buckets !!! Big advocate of the (2) bucket method. Wash wheel/tires first, then after rinsing start with a fresh buckets for the body.

Drying:

1. The less times you touch the paint.... the better, but if you have to make sure its with a soft and CLEAN microfiber towel.

2. I swear by Metrovac's Master Blaster for blow drying the car / truck. As you blow dry it, have a microfiber towel handy to do spot wipes as wel. There is a method, and flow on how to do it best, but you'll figure that out. (ie: top-bottom, front to back) Been using their products for years. Their Metro Vac Vacuum is amazing as well. :waytogo:
I actually completely wash my wheels separately after the vehicle is washed off I had separate wash mits and drying towels and microfiber towels for every point of my vehicles. I actually scored a Adams strainer for 6 bucks on Amazon as a daily deal a few days ago. Once I grab two cheap Home Depot buckets I am set for the wheels. I am so add with my detailing. It drives my wife nuts, but she doesn’t complain her spotless Pacifica. She’s learned over the years, I’ve cared for all of my cars since day one. Dad was a huge detail guy in his younger days. I am self taught. I just bought a cheap blower that I plan on trying this weekend on the ram. The legit setup has to wait.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I actually completely wash my wheels separately after the vehicle is washed off I had separate wash mits and drying towels and microfiber towels for every point of my vehicles. I actually scored a Adams strainer for 6 bucks on Amazon as a daily deal a few days ago. Once I grab two cheap Home Depot buckets I am set for the wheels. I am so add with my detailing. It drives my wife nuts, but she doesn’t complain her spotless Pacifica. She’s learned over the years, I’ve cared for all of my cars since day one. Dad was a huge detail guy in his younger days. I am self taught. I just bought a cheap blower that I plan on trying this weekend on the ram. The legit setup has to wait.

My neighbor uses a Home Depot Leaf Blower...... hey, it works for him. though unfiltered air.

Next on my detailing wish list is an APEC Water Deionization Car Wash system :waytogo:

OCD, ADD, WTF.... I got it all, lol

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My neighbor uses a Home Depot Leaf Blower...... hey, it works for him. though unfiltered air.

Next on my detailing wish list is an APEC Water Deionization Car Wash system :waytogo:

OCD, ADD, WTF.... I got it all, lol
I am going to try our battery powered one probably tomorrow and see what it can do!

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
On the original topic of soap for a foam cannon, I just dilute my regular car wash soap and use it in the cannon. About 4:1 seems to be the most you would want to dilute and still get some good foam.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On the original topic of soap for a foam cannon, I just dilute my regular car wash soap and use it in the cannon. About 4:1 seems to be the most you would want to dilute and still get some good foam.
Thats my ratio as well. The chemical guys really makes it easy. They have a soap fill line that is 1 then add 4 parts water and done!

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Got to thinking about adding this after a conversation here.

Thanks Ramforum....... just cost me again $$$$.

Wasn’t actually too bad, found someone who used it a few times and just didn’t have the room for it. :waytogo:

9C25B7F0-CCBE-4A7C-A392-022DD4B82330.jpeg F415BA15-C0CB-4DBF-8D6D-77A5B353681F.jpeg

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Which one did you buy?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JZQ9VJC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The nozzle is all brass and seems really well made. Took me a minute to realize the flow adjustment is labeled backwards, but it works really well. The first one I ordered was missing the straw into the reservoir, but they sent me a full replacement. I think they had a batch go out missing the straws because they pulled that particular one off amazon for a while. I also like the wide base it doesnt want to tip over.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca