Reg Cab Interior Door Panel Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I have the factory deck up around 18+ volume, the damned door panels rattle like the license plate on a civic with a booming system!

Has anyone else had this issue?

I hate to think that I have to open up the door on my brand new truck, but I'm not opposed to it.

Maybe a few pieces of dynomat?

Or would it be better to use some campershell foam tape to just pad where it's rubbing?

I've truthfully never had such an issue (quite annoying with it really)

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only place I have this is on the driver side and it's the door lock/windows console...it "itches" and drives me crazy (great out of context, btw.)

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
it "itches" and drives me crazy

i think they make a cream for that lol.

to the op i have a third gen reg. cad and have no problems with the door panels rattling. it might be just a 4th gen thing or possible something loose in the door panel.

Last edited:

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have the oem speakers? Probably maxing out what they can handle and they are screaming for help lol.

But on a serious note...hopefully one of the 4th gen guys can help ya. I'd say upgrade the speakers and as you made mention of, a little dynomat.

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
i have a 4th den truck,reg cab and i havent had this issue. at least not yet. maybe your bass is turned up high and its causing this issue? in response to what one of the others said about oem speakers. they do generally suck and as soon as i get some extra cash ill probably be upgrading them. even with the oem head unit it made a huge difference in my tacoma. good luck to you

OP
OP
WhiteExpress

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The stereo is 100% stock. The speakers sound just fine, they aren't over-powering / crackling. I've over powered many speakers before, that's not the problem. Just a cheese-**** install on the door panel I guess. I'll pull it apart this weekend after it's clay bar date.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
18 is nothing for volume on the 4th gen. I'd say theres gotta be something loose inside there. I've had mine up to 30 and no rattling even with the 12" sub on.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
mine doesn't rattle either.

OP
OP
WhiteExpress

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's kind of what I thought. Sounds like I'll be spending my weekend playing with my truck(s).

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
there is an exceptional write up with pics in the how to section on taking the door panel off. :lol: