Regular, Quad Cab, Crew Cab...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram14Stud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 !!!!
I know I'm annoying you guys but I really like this forum :)...

Anywho, why did you pick your cab style?

I went with a Crew Cab because I needed a family sized vehicle.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I went with a Crew Cab because I needed a family sized vehicle.

x2

Pretty much why I got one, after my friend bought a 2012 a few years ago I was shocked seeing how much space they have.

I was looking at another sedan(V8 RWD this time) but though I can get my V8 in a truck it will be more useful.

I still have a itch for a G8 GXP or CTS-V but maybe later down the rode.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Regular cab here. It's just me and the wife(for now). Plus we have her Terrain for when we need the extra room.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's just me and the dog but I CANNOT stand not having a back seat. Regular cabs don't do it for me looks wise, so they're immediately out.

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I picked the quad cab because at 6', my seat position up front still leaves plenty of leg room in the back and I need the 6'4" bed.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The one thing Ford and Chevy do better is they have an extended cab, that I would have preferred. But I went Reg cab and love it, paid only 24k for a 4x4 hemi slt and I have little use for an additional passenger area. Fits in my garage nicely with room to spare.

MPG LOL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For me it was simple...I'm tall. 6'5 and with my seat in the full back position in a quad no one would be able to fit. The look and balance of proportions is perfect as well. The regular cab is blah to me. Not a fan whatsoever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
It's the biggest cab I could get with a long bed....

earlzach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I set out for a quad. Figured it was all I needed. The quad in question on the lot was damaged.
Dealership made good with a Big Horn Crew for the same price if not even less. I love the Crew just didnt think it was in my budget equipped how I was looking. I was wrong. lol

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
crew here.

i came from an '11 durango for the space in the back seat. with a 2yo and 5week twins i can fit all 3 in the back seat with no issues. my durango i had to have the pass seat up a ways to fit a rear facing seat. im 6'2 longer legs so i have to have the seat back a bit.

in my ram the front seats dont even touch the rear facing car seats.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i wanted a quad just so i had a bit of inside storage space for things i didn't want exposed. ended up with a crew since it's all most of the dealers here had and it's easier to get the price down when they are already on the lot

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crew cab is the way to go if your loading any more that 2 people. I have a quad cab and I wish I had a crew, but I'm happy with what I have.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I have a quad, but if I was going to use the truck as a family hauler it would definitely have been a crew. The quad to me, is like mentioned above. It's for more room and extra storage for the front seat passengers. It's really too small to haul people around in the back seat in my opinion unless they're little kids. I kind of think of the quad as a regular cab with extra room.

Last edited:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had no choice. Parking on the street is not an option for me, and the RCSB is the only size that would fit in my garage (and even that with only inches to spare).

Despite the garage issue, I wanted to turn it into a sports car with a bed anyways! My little RCSB is small, light (for a truck) and very maneuverable in Los Angeles traffic...

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While I don't carry passengers often since my Ram is a daily driver to and from work i went with the crew over the quad. When I do carry the family or other passengers I want them to have plenty of space. When you compare the crew and quad the space difference is significant. If you rarely plan to have rear passengers and just want extra cab storage them go quad, but if you will have passengers then make them happy people and go crew :)

I actually had a hard time finding a local dealer that had a crew cab express. They all had lots of express quads and was thinking I'd have to get a dealer to search out of town dealers to find one, but one of the dealers just happen to get one in equiped very close to what I wanted.

UneasyJmitchell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a Dodge for the Hemi, only. I have the quad because of kids, but if I wanted comfort I would have gotten the Ford.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I got a quad cab due to multiple reasons. 1 it's what my dealer had in black. 2 the prices was cheeper than the crew cabs. 3 the 6 and 1/2 bed. And I'm planing on having kids in the next few years I will own my truck for 10-12 years so I will hopefully have kids around 6-8 years old and the quad is big enough for them at that age my next truck will be crew cab or mega cab 3/4 ton.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Megacab. Family of five who loves to go camping, so we spend some time in the truck. Megacab is big enough that the little kids can't reach the seats to kick it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk