Relocate cargo cam to topper/cap/shell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8AnchorsFarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
Has anyone tried to move/mount the cargo cam light to inside of their camper shell? Is it possible, what’s needed?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Probly pretty simple. I Beleive it's just a 4 wire hook up. Might be able to extend the wires and move the camera. Or get a cheap ebay camera and wire it in keeping the other camera in stock location for easy switch back to stock if u remove topper or go To sell.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
8AnchorsFarm

8AnchorsFarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
Anyone tried to move their cargo cam inside of a topper/cap/shell? I would think it would be simple but wanted to see if anyone has already done it.

ArcticRat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you do this? I was thinking about this also, possibly replacing the third brake light already in the shell with the one with the cargo camera and cargo light. Haven’t figured what I’m going to do about wiring yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
8AnchorsFarm

8AnchorsFarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
I haven’t decided on anything yet but leaning towards and aftermarket camera and just leaving the cargo cam/light intact.

ArcticRat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am going to leave the cab light intact. But having the option to turn on the cargo bed light on the rear of the shell would be a plus. Right now all it does is reflect off the cab rear window and shell window. Also thinking about disabling the high mount stop light with Alpha OBD to keep the glare down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drew_Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
What shell did you get I just purchased the A.R.E V series and am worried it will hit the 3rd light with the camera because it sticks out a little.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar