Remflex 6022 gasket install question (no heat shield on it like stock gasket)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cloudmine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi all,

I am a newbie to engine work but wanted to fix the passenger side exhaust manifold leak on my own. From reccomendations in this group, I purchased a Remflex 6022 gasket set, new Dorman 03309HP stainless bolt kit, and I have sanded the exhisting exhaust manifold flat (it was warped).

In comparing the Remflex 6022 gaskets to the stock gaskets, I see that the stock gaskets is attached to a thin heat shield but the Remflex doesnt have any heat shield attached to it. Do I just install the Remflex as is, or do I need to remove the old gasket from the attached heat sheild and re-use that heat shield with the remflex gasket?

Thanks for the help!

Marc.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I run long tube headers on both the truck and car,and all i've ever used is just the Remflex gasket .I suppose if you could get the heat shield off your original gaskets ,you could probably re-use it

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wondering this myself. To renew this post anyone have the answer or done this. Assuming the heat shield protects the hoses?

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
when i replaced my factory manifolds with shorty kooks headers (had them ceramic coated) i used the remflex 6022 gasket. got rid of the heat shield. i've had no issues and the trans temp actually went down some (15-30 degrees) if i remember right.