Remote Start Beeps Once....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi Guys,
As of late I have tried a few times now to start my truck using the remote start feature on my key fob. It would beep once only and nothing. Normally it would beep twice and start. I have a feeling my battery is the cuplrit. I do not drive my truck much in winter. I do run it maybe two three times a week. Does the remote start feature require a certain battery voltage to start. When I started my truck today it did start a little sluggish before it turned over. Only 10K on the clock.
Any thoughts on this.
Cheers.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
This has happened to me twice in the past two weeks. Both times it was rather cold outside, about 5 degrees Fahrenheit, though it's unlikely the cold had anything to do with it. Both times I would only get one horn tone when I pressed the button the first time, no tone on the second press of the button. In the first instance I don't think my truck was locked. I locked it from inside the house, retried the remote start sequence and it worked.

In the second instance I think I pressed the remote start button too quickly for it to register it as a remote start attempt. The solution in this case was to go outside, open the truck, climb inside and start it normally. I then shut the truck off, locked it and tried the remote start. It worked.

1. Make sure your truck is locked before you try to use the remote start.

2. If it still doesn't work you may need to enter the vehicle and start it as normal to "reset" anything that is preventing remote start from working.

Generally speaking I've noticed this method works the best. With truck locked, firmly press the remote button start and hold for a half second. Release the remote start button, wait a half second, firmly press it again.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If the battery is low on the fob it will tell you on the cluster on dash,mine just told me replaced and wow my remote works great from a distance now. Also check your hood latch if its in a none latch position it will defeat the remote start,with cold weather the grease could stop it from being free,and latching. Just saying

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks Guys,
Yes my truck was locked when trying the remote start on my fob. I had to start the truck from inside as normal. It did start but it did not start on the remote start. Its been pretty cold recently. Last remote start it was -13C. So pretty cold out.
I will try it again tomorrow and see if holding the button down longer has any effect on the outcome.
Cheers.

Jrws6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cunnins
The single beep means “remote start disabled” it may flash that in your evic screen upon entry.
I have a 21 limited at work and it will only remote start twice before you have to go and manually start with the push button and fob detected.
no amount of time will enable the remote start again

just my experience

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Mine did this the other day and it turned out one of the doors wasn't shut tight.

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Also remember if you are under 1/4 of a tank it will not work also. This is so you will not run out of gas while it is idling.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Also remember if you are under 1/4 of a tank it will not work also. This is so you will not run out of gas while it is idling.
That would be some funny stuff right there.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
It also won't remote start if you're throwing a code (check engine light). I just picked up my 2021 last night so haven't even made it through the first tank of gas, but in my 2015 remote start would work unless the "Low Fuel" light was on, so quite a bit less than 1/4 tank. Maybe they changed it in the new models.

I've remote started my 2015 at -40F many times without issue.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
My truck started failing to remote start on a regular basis. Along with only the single beep of the horn I would get this message in the EVIC display:
"Remote start has been disabled. Start vehicle to reset."

So I would start the truck and drive as normal. Next time I try to remote start my truck, same thing, no go. I also noticed the speed of the engine cranking over when I turned on the ignition was slower than usual. Oh-oh, that usually indicates a low battery.

I also noticed some strange things with the electronics in the truck, like it didn't recognize my USB stick with music that has been inserted in the console USB port for the past several months. Once, I received a text message and when I pressed "Listen" to hear the text, nothing happened. In hindsight I chalk that up to low battery as well.

Yesterday, once again, the remote start did not work. I went out to manually start it and got the dreaded halting sound of the engine laboring to turn over followed by the always unwelcome starter solenoid clicking sound. I turned the key off, waited 10 seconds and tried again. Same thing. I waited 30 seconds and tried and again and luckily the engine turned over and started.

Time for some freeway driving to see if I could charge up the battery. As I was driving along I realized my path would go right past the Ram dealer so I pulled into the service area and told my story (I left the truck running outside.) About 90 minutes later I was driving out with a new battery. It was covered under warranty, but the mechanic complained that I had "aftermarket sh*t" on my truck and it shouldn't be covered. The service writer overruled him and gave me the battery. BTW, the "aftermarket sh*t" is an under the seat powered subwoofer.

I was told these common things can keep the remote start from working:

1. Doors aren't closed and locked.
2. Hood is not completely latched.
3. Battery is low/dead.
4. Fuel level is too low (either low fuel light is on or less than 1/4 tank, depends on year of truck.)
5. Truck has not been started with the key since last time remote start was disabled. System was never reset.

And these less common things will also prevent if from working:

6. Alarm is active and engaged (horn is honking, lights blinking.)
7. Panic button has been pressed and horn is honking.
8. Key is in the ignition.
9. Brake switch is closed (brake pedal is being pushed.)
10. Emergency flashers are on.

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So to follow up on my truck not remote starting. I took my truck in to the dealer for an oil change and asked them to test my battery. As it turns out my battery was not holding its charge and was replaced under warranty.
It has remote started perfectly since the new battery was installed. I too was having these issue when very cold out. Very happy to have had this sorted out.
Thank you guys for responding to this thread.
Cheers.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
2019 classic here, it will remote start at any fuel level except when low fuel light is on.
I can also remote start my truck over and over as much as i want, nothing needs to "reset"
It's set to run for 15 min.
Often at work i start it as i pull in the driveway in work transit van, then when i come out of the locker room, if it's been 15 min, ill start it again while i do my paperwork, then often i end up talking to guys/gals on the cross shift as i end up starting my truck 1 or 2 more times. Most i think I've done so far has been 5 consecutive remote starts.

Temperatures hasn't mattered, - 5c all the way to - 38c so far. No issues

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On MY 19 (5th Gen DT truck), ONLY 2 REMOTE STARTS till U then need to start normally and then system resets.

If vehicle battery low/bad charge etc all sorts of electronic OMFG wat is wrong happens, cause of all the electronics. Just how it is. I keep one of my clusters set to "battery Voltage" so I can see if anything looks out of synch instead of having to run through menu's to see.

Good luck on yer issues.