Remote start/reset/battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This was weird. 2017 BH 5.7

The other night, very cold, I tried to remote start the truck to warm it up before going to the gym. Honked twice, but didn't start.

Fine, I went out to it, the display said Remote Start disabled, start vehicle to reset.. I put the key in it, tried to start it, and *click*. Nothing. Tried again. *click*

Now it was really cold that night, had been fairly cold the few days before and I hadn't driven it in a few days. It's still on original battery (32K miles/4.5 years), so I figure, okay, time for a new battery. Things don't last forever.

Went out today getting ready to try to jump it, warmer day today...and it started manually, easily. Um ok. Shut it down. Tried to remote start. No dice. Got inside to start manually. *click* Tried again. *click*

WTF is going on? Any thoughts, fellow RAMers?

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Few things come to mind, some probably unrelated but worth keeping in mind...

New fob battery
New Truck battery
Truck has to be locked
If the truck was running via remote start and shutoff due to the length of time... I think you only get two runs, maybe one, before you have to manually start
Truck will not remote start with check engine light and will shut off if cel pops up during remote start running.

OP
OP
RaftingDave

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, guys.

No check engine light, re-checked all doors closed and locked, plenty of gas, remote start failed to get it going at all, and tried my other key fob. A new battery is a bit of a bite, but inevitable sooner or later.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 13 gets 2 remote starts before needs resetting.
Factory remote start.

OP
OP
RaftingDave

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
...and my CAT charger won't start it either....

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ Battery ^^^

OP
OP
RaftingDave

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That what it was. Replaced with a Diehard Platinum AGM 850cca - fired right up.

CTguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have a 2017 1500 sport. A few months ago had to get a new battery. Since then, remote start won't work. Replaced battery in the fob. No go. All other features on fob work ok. Any ideas? No cel issues, doors locked.