Remove contact paint from mirror housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DohCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, as I was driving into the underground parking I was a little too close on the passenger side and ended up hitting my mirror slightly and pushing it in a bit. Now there's no gouges or anything but there is a couple spots of yellow paint that transferred from the concrete wall.

What's the best product to use or method to remove it from my black plastic mirrors without discoloring or scuffing the plastic up?

Thanks.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I'd try some polish, if that doesn't do it, step to a low abrasive rubbing compound.....

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Big question...
Do you have painted mirrors or textured black plastic mirrors?

I know you said black plastic, but that could be the painted black plastic covers.

OP
OP
DohCanadian

DohCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do have some meguiars ultimate compound, I could give that a shot first, just give it a light rub with that stuff. And just the normal textured black plastic tow mirrors.