Removed dash, reinstalled and now the only issue is the brakes lights stay on.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blakeaf96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay so I have removed the dash, replaced the dash cover and bezel, reinstalled everything and now, the ONLY issue I'm having after reinstall is the brake lights stay on no matter what I do. Even when cutting the truck off and closing the doors, the brake lights stay lit. I'm having to now disconnect the NEGATIVE on the battery to make the lights cutoff to prevent the battery from draining...

What could this be? Also, When I crank my truck... no lights on the dashboard... But when I drive down the road for a second, the BRAKE and ABS light comes on. I'm assuming ALL of this is the same FIX since all of this started when I got everything reinstalled and plugged back in. Ideas???

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Check your brake light switch on brake pedal sounds like it's wiring harness may have gotten caught causing the switch to activate

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is definitely your brake switch. Order and install a new one, real easy to do. I had the exact same thing happen after I pulled my dash.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never had luck reinstalling the brake light switch. Something about pulling out the plunger and it never re-seats the same way again.

Buy a new Mopar one from ebay for ~$15

OP
OP
B

blakeaf96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! I'll grab one today -

Quick question though... After replacing the switch, you just stick it back onto the brake pedal where the round slot is so it sort of just hangs there?

IMG_2535.jpg

Last edited: