Removing front sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I fully expect @DILLIGAF to tell me to just throw it away but I would still like some more input. '09 2500 so 3rd gen body with 4th gen everything else, currently on 35s with no lift, tires rub a little if I'm turning and compressed but either/or won't do it.

I'm debating pulling the sway bar to make the front a little softer and give it some more travel. I'm worried that since I already have a little rubbing, if that will get noticeably worse with the suspension wanting to travel more. I don't pull/haul a ton but when I do I have 1000lb of ATV and equipment in the bed or a loaded stock trailer on the gooseneck. I will leave the rear in to keep those situations under control, don't know how much the front plays a part in that though.

By no means am I trying to make this a great off-roader but there's been a few times where I've had it teeter-totter on the FR-RL or FL-RR because I was out of travel. I like the idea of doing it, just trying to avoid unintended consequences.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some forum members have written in past posts they couldn't tell the difference after it was removed.

(that's not a recommendation, just what others have posted)

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On a 2500 I'd leave them in since is solid front axle specialty if you tow.

I left mine in on the JK just added quick disconnects for trails.

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would pull a single sway bar link efectively "removing it" and see if you can handle the change in ride/handling and make your decision from personal experience whether to remove entirely or just disconnect it.
I've had several older 4x4 that I have removed the sways and I personally like the improved ride, but you do have to remember that the "high speed handling" is affected and drive accordingly.