Replacement bumper for 1/2 Ton?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amastro46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey folks, quick question here:

I have a 2013 Ram 1500 sport with a leveling kit. I am looking to replace the bumper with a steel bumper. It is a new product, so I am not sure many people have tested it out yet. I believe it weighs about 215 pounds. Also thinking about getting an 8000 pound winch or maybe a 12,500. I believe the the weight on the winches is around 60-70 pounds.

My Ram has a pretty high quality leveling kit (not sure what brand, but the dude that owned it before me didn't spare any expenses).

The link to the bumper:
Go Rhino® - Dodge Ram 1500 2013-2015 BR5 Heavy Duty Front Bumper Replacement

Will my 1/2 ton handle this alright? Without sagging or negatively affecting handling?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciate!

Anthony

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good looking bumper but given that much added weight I would guess that you might get a little front end sag but I do not have personal experience to rely on, hopefully someone with an aftermarket bumper will chime and give some insight.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
BETTER YET
pay for the leveling kit on my 13 and buy bumper and install it on my truck and I will test it for ya for a few years
SWEET looking bumper I have to say

OP
OP
A

Amastro46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This made me laugh a little.

Get someone around 200lbs to sit on your bumper/hood. That's what it'll look like.

IMO

LOL right haha. Apparently he was some dude who came into a decent inheritance. Dealer told me he buys a new truck every three months, tints the windows, Fender flares, and leveling kit. I came up on a great deal.

I think you are genius though. I'll get one of my buddies to sit on the hood and we'll see what happens.

OP
OP
A

Amastro46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So does anyone have experience with an aftermarket bumper on a 1/2 ton?? Just need to know if it caused the truck to sag or if it negatively handled performance

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I'm predicting a dent in the front of the hood!

I'm not sure about that bumper on a sport. Seems a little aggressive.

Also, please tell my your truck is 4wd.

OP
OP
A

Amastro46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm predicting a dent in the front of the hood!

I'm not sure about that bumper on a sport. Seems a little aggressive.

Also, please tell my your truck is 4wd.

Of course it's 4wd. Do you mean it'll look a bit aggressive or its aggressive on the suspension? I'm willing to upgrade the front suspension to accommodate.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Of course it's 4wd. Do you mean it'll look a bit aggressive or its aggressive on the suspension? I'm willing to upgrade the front suspension to accommodate.

Good on the 4wd. You would be surprised around here.

I mean the aggressive look of the bumper might not match the rest of the sport look. That is a lot of weight to hang off the front so you will need to address the suspension. Someone else can tell you how. I have no clue.

OP
OP
A

Amastro46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good on the 4wd. You would be surprised around here.

I mean the aggressive look of the bumper might not match the rest of the sport look. That is a lot of weight to hang off the front so you will need to address the suspension. Someone else can tell you how. I have no clue.

Yeah up here in snow country we need it. Im actually most likely moving down to TX soon and I heard that many folks down there just have the 2wd. I wouldn't ever consider it.

Yeah I can't figure out a simple solution for the suspension either...