Replacement speakers Alpine 9 speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skates15

Reaction score
Hello, do I need to use load resisters if I am replacing the factory speakers with new speakers on the alpine 9 speaker system and 12" computer?

Also, do I have to bypass the ANC if swapping speakers or is that needed
only if adding an amp?

Thanks.

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Taking along here, recommendation on the best speaker replacement for the alpine system? No amp, just better quality direct replacement plug and play

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
Taking along here, recommendation on the best speaker replacement for the alpine system? No amp, just better quality direct replacement plug and play
Hi Kypot, I'll respond with a couple of options I am looking at later tonight. Essentially enter your vehicle at Crutchfield and you'll see what you can just drop in. I have another list from DTC that I'm looking at as well, so I'll update later.

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
@KYPOTLICKER here are 2 sets of speakers I am considering:

Crutch field:
- Audio frog GS25 for dash speakers and maybe replace the rear headliner as well (I like rear soundstage). 2.5" Midrange
- Audio Control PNW-69 6x9 2 way for the front doors.
- Rockford Fosgate T1693 6x9 3 way for rear doors.

CDTAudio:​

- CL69S Slim 6x9 mid bass for the front doors.
- HD690CFX 6x9 coaxial rear doors.
- Unity 8.0 Plus wide band For dash and rear headliners.

I'm doing speakers first and then looking to add Match Up 10 amp\dsp combo.

Note: The speakers from crutch field are drop in, fits. The CDT may need a bracket.

Last edited:

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, do I need to use load resisters if I am replacing the factory speakers with new speakers on the alpine 9 speaker system and 12" computer?

Also, do I have to bypass the ANC if swapping speakers or is that needed
only if adding an amp?

Thanks.
You do not need to use resistors. If you are putting tweeters in, in place of the two-ways in the corners or headliner, you'll need a crossover for each one. You can just wire it in before the speaker connection and tuck it away. You do not need to bypass anything for a speaker swap. Make sure you match all your impedances on the speakers (so you should use 4-ohm speakers across the board, excluding the Subwoofer).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357