2023 alpine 9 speaker upgrade question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
What kind of speakers are in the front doors, 6X9 or 6.5"? All the Crutchfield recommendations are 6.5. I thought they were 6x9s.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I just purchased my new Warlock two weeks ago and it came with the 9-speaker Alpine system which is not a great sounding system in my personal opinion.

I had the entire upgraded system removed from my 19' Ram 1500 before trading her in, and that system was maybe 1.5 years old at best.

I had my Focal speakers installed in the standard 6-speaker locations on the new truck; 6x9 2-ways in the front doors with the tweeters in the dash, and 6x9 3-ways in the back doors.

I then had the stock Alpine sub removed and had my 2 x 10" AudioMobile EVO2410 subs put in (done @ 2ohm) plus my 2100W of Kenwood amps and the 5-farad digital capacitor, too. Combined with my Kenwood DMX957XR head unit.

My installer did some sort of wizardry and had the Alpine center channel and two rear roof speakers dialed in, timed and tuned for perfect cohesion with the rest of the upgraded system tuned as well, and the clarity & punch of everything now is off the charts.

My system now is even better than it was before when it was installed in my 19'.

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
What kind of speakers are in the front doors, 6X9 or 6.5"? All the Crutchfield recommendations are 6.5. I thought they were 6x9s.
My 23 alpine has 6x9 factory in the doors. Crutchfield should show 6x9 as well.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
My 23 alpine has 6x9 factory in the doors. Crutchfield should show 6x9 as well.
You are correct. Had to scroll down a bit to get to the 6X9s. I'm assuming that 6X9 would be preferrable simple because they are bigger than the 6.5".

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I just purchased my new Warlock two weeks ago and it came with the 9-speaker Alpine system which is not a great sounding system in my personal opinion.

I had the entire upgraded system removed from my 19' Ram 1500 before trading her in, and that system was maybe 1.5 years old at best.

I had my Focal speakers installed in the standard 6-speaker locations on the new truck; 6x9 2-ways in the front doors with the tweeters in the dash, and 6x9 3-ways in the back doors.

I then had the stock Alpine sub removed and had my 2 x 10" AudioMobile EVO2410 subs put in (done @ 2ohm) plus my 2100W of Kenwood amps and the 5-farad digital capacitor, too. Combined with my Kenwood DMX957XR head unit.

My installer did some sort of wizardry and had the Alpine center channel and two rear roof speakers dialed in, timed and tuned for perfect cohesion with the rest of the upgraded system tuned as well, and the clarity & punch of everything now is off the charts.

My system now is even better than it was before when it was installed in my 19'.
How did you run the dual 10” subs?

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
You are correct. Had to scroll down a bit to get to the 6X9s. I'm assuming that 6X9 would be preferrable simple because they are bigger than the 6.5".
I believe the audiophiles would go for the 6.5" speakers. You can get some good advice at diymobileaudio.com, there are some ram owners who can advice you, along with this forum on what is best for the soundstage you are going for and what you want to spend. I learned a lot from this forum.

platoon2063

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 eTorque
Well 6x9's have more surface area and volume which is a plus when comparing speakers. However, there just are not many manufacturers that put a lot of effort in producing high quality 6x9's anymore. 6.5 is really the way to go. There are many more speaker options to choose from. Simple 6x9 to 6.5" adapters are super easy to install.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Well 6x9's have more surface area and volume which is a plus when comparing speakers. However, there just are not many manufacturers that put a lot of effort in producing high quality 6x9's anymore. 6.5 is really the way to go. There are many more speaker options to choose from. Simple 6x9 to 6.5" adapters are super easy to install.
Just put in some Infinity Ref 6x9s in the front door and what an improvement! The front speakers are tuned for bass in the 9-speaker system so going with a 6x9 made more sense than a 6.5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357