Replacement turbo advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeRam2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a Ram 2500 with the 6.7. My turbo actuator has gone bad for the second time. Stalantis won't even call me back. So I guess I'm not getting any help from Ram. I want to replace the turbo with another that's going to last more than two years. What turbos do you guys recommend and what are the drawbacks of any. It's a daily driver and tows a fifth wheel occasionally.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
By daily driver, do you mean you're putting 50+ miles on it a day and it's getting driven quite a bit, or are you driving it 5 miles back and forth to work?

I haven't heard too many turbo issues that aren't related to being idled/driven short distances. I even had (2) 6.0 Fords a few years back that had the VGT and aside from buying one with a gummed-up turbo, I never had any turbo-related issues. But then, I drive my vehicles 25+ miles one-way to work every day.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have a Ram 2500 with the 6.7. My turbo actuator has gone bad for the second time. Stalantis won't even call me back. So I guess I'm not getting any help from Ram. I want to replace the turbo with another that's going to last more than two years. What turbos do you guys recommend and what are the drawbacks of any. It's a daily driver and tows a fifth wheel occasionally.
Talk too the guys at: https://www.citydiesel.net/

OP
OP
M

MikeRam2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I drive close to fifty miles a day. Some days more. I've seen issues with this turbo in multiple posts across the Internet. It's seems to stick. Even the Ram service center here in Tulsa considers it a frequent problem.

Bike_Pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'd do a city diesel actuator with a Fleece or DDP turbo. Then use your exhaust brake regularly to keep it free.