Resonator question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I bought the **** to delete them at least a month ago, but haven't pulled the trigger. I'm running a flowmaster super10 and wondering if it'll sound alright now or just wait till I get a tuner and disable mds?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's gonna drone. Whether ya like it or not depends on what you hear.

You can always remove them, run it and see what you think. If you don't like it, don't put it in full auto so it doesn't slip into MDS. You may find it drones even if MDS isn't engaged.

Rampage57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use to run true duals with a super 10 with resonators. Too much popping at high rpm's, not for me. Switched to a super 40, resonators deleted with 5" tips installed. Love the setup, found out the factory tips also cause a horrible popping when you rev and as it's winding down you can hear the back pressure. Since I changed the tips it helped out a lot. Still has some drone, but not as bad as the super 10 had. To answer your question, I would delete them now, doesn't really change anything but the sound, and it is for the better. Tuning it will make it even better!

OP
OP
G

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks, maybe I'll grab some tips too. Could get a tuner now, but I just dropped $1600 on a bow, so I'll wait a minute and keep wifey from ********.

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I removed my muffler and resonators, before I had the muffler delete with resonators, now I have the muffler delete and no resonators. Sounds better without the resonators and actually doesn't drone as much as it did before when I had them on. To me there really isn't all that much drone. I have a quad cab and it's pretty much all behind me. My setup is the 3 inch with a magnaflow y pipe to 2.5 inch and 12 inch long tips

B2116P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I replaced my stock muffler with a Spintech Pro Street 9000 and love the sound of it. The resonator is still on. Like I said I love the sound of the Spintech, but it seems the resonator is calming it down a bit. I'm thinking about removing the resonator to get some louder sound but don't want to make it sound bad so I'm still torn on it.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a magnaflow and have been contemplating ditching the reso's to gain more decibels vs redoing the exhaust.

B2116P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I'm going to cut off my resonator today. I will post some sound clips of before and after to help you out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

B2116P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I'm working on it. I need to out the front end together before I can do it . I will post the clips later tonight.

B2116P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
So I cut off the resonator and WOW! Sounds like a new exhaust. I had my son take the audio clips for you guys since I don't trust him in the drivers seat. As it turns out I shouldn't trust him with my phone either. He never saved the clips. Sorry fellas. I can still post one of it without the resonator if you want. It is definitely louder but can't speak on drone yet since it hasn't been on the road. I can update tomorrow

B2116P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Have some video clips, just trying to figure out how to upload them

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How's the drone on the highway? Any? With and without mds kicked in.

B2116P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
How's the drone on the highway? Any? With and without mds kicked in.
I don't think it's bad. In the driving video you can see when the mds kicks in with the green light on the dash

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In the driving video you can see when the mds kicks in with the green light on the dash

ECO light is independent of MDS. You may or may not be in MDS mode when ECO is lit.