Revolution 4.10 ordered from Moe's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just installed the 4.10 I got from Moe's. What a difference coming from a 3.21!!! Thankfully, since I know the owner of the shop I only had to pay $300 for the install and the 500 mile oil change. I can't wait to tow with this setup now. It's already such a huge difference driving in our hill country.

Thanks to Moe's for the advice and time on the phone giving me the information to make the purchase. I'd buy from Moe's again any day and will gladly endorse this business.

--this is on a RWD open rear-end

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed the 4.10 I got from Moe's. What a difference coming from a 3.21!!! Thankfully, since I know the owner of the shop I only had to pay $300 for the install and the 500 mile oil change. I can't wait to tow with this setup now. It's already such a huge difference driving in our hill country.

Thanks to Moe's for the advice and time on the phone giving me the information to make the purchase. I'd buy from Moe's again any day and will gladly endorse this business.

Any more info on the vehicle? Tire size, transmission, truck modifications

dexter

Banned
Reaction score

I know that area; remember you're driving a truck, not a sports car.

OP
OP
stateofdade

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I know that area; remember you're driving a truck, not a sports car.

Yeah, my truck gets babied. I bought it for reliable utility. My days are of sports cars have been over for 20 years. Lol

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
if you dont mind sharing, what did the entire set or gears, etc cost ya?

Matt is awesome!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crewcab bighorn, 34's, 8 speed. Only mods are bags and k&n Cai.
I’m running 35s on 3.92 gears. You must have a tremendous amount of low end torque now. I didn’t lose much from stock 33s in my case. But going from 3.21 to 4.10 is a huge jump. Are you 4x4?

OP
OP
stateofdade

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
if you dont mind sharing, what did the entire set or gears, etc cost ya?

Matt is awesome!

Sorry for the late reply. Had a death in the family and was dealing with property issues. I got the gear set and the master install kit shipped for 388 out the door. Total, I'm down 688 dollars with the install. Just had the oil changed out in the rear-end today after the 500 mile break-in period. I just paid 25 for that to happen. And, yes, he was fantastic.

OP
OP
stateofdade

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I’m running 35s on 3.92 gears. You must have a tremendous amount of low end torque now. I didn’t lose much from stock 33s in my case. But going from 3.21 to 4.10 is a huge jump. Are you 4x4?

It was a MASSIVE jump! I love it! I do have a great deal more torque on the low end. On a pretty solid incline, I'm staying in 7th gear rather than 5th now. Also, while doing 75-80 on the interstate, it very rarely downshifts when on an incline anymore. The 3.21 was constantly downshifting. At 60k miles, I'm having my brother install the aftermarket oil pan so we can swap out the fluid and filter. I would have had him do the rear-end for me, but he doesn't have the equipment for that yet. He used to build NASCAR setups, then moved to inboard marine motors. He's got a slew of certs including Yanmar. He was just laid off after the marina he was the lead tech at shut down due to fueding spouses going through a divorce. He has a really large barn on his property and is in the middle of converting it into a shop. After we get his lift installed, he'll be all set but he's been servicing all of the vehicles belonging to the rural mail carriers at the post office I work at.

I can't wait to tow the camper with this new setup to see how different it is in towing. On our inclines coming home and going up the mountain, the 3.21 was always in 2nd or 3rd gear. I have a feeling I'll be doing a much easier pull now.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Sorry for the late reply. Had a death in the family and was dealing with property issues. I got the gear set and the master install kit shipped for 388 out the door. Total, I'm down 688 dollars with the install. Just had the oil changed out in the rear-end today after the 500 mile break-in period. I just paid 25 for that to happen. And, yes, he was fantastic.
thanks for feedback, and condolences sir