Road trip from Phoenix to Nashville and back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tangent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I visited family in Nashville last week and decided to drive because I hate to fly and like to take road trips anyway. I have a 2016 regular cab 2wd with the 3.6 v6 and and an XM radio and she did great. This is a fantastic road trip vehicle.

She did good at interstate speeds and had plenty of power to pass big 18 wheelers and handled well the whole way and rides really nice and smooth. I averaged 24 mpg with the AC on most of the way.

She didn't seem to mind cheaper gas from a lot of different brands along the way, either.

The brakes work really good, too. I had a couple of close calls there and back where traffic slowed down rapidly due to a wreck or congestion.

The only minor issue I had was when I was parked on a slight incline either way, the transmission would clunk into reverse. I use the parking break now when that happens.

Here she is at my brothers house next to my other brothers Ram.

IMG_20160906_131951.jpg

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Road trips are cool. I'd rather drive than fly too!