Roof clearence lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
not bigger in any way?

i have to fold my mirrors to fit through a 9' wide door(it BARELY fits without folding), never had to in a half ton...

The truck i have is nearly 24' long, how long is yours?

Stock height sets my roof just under 7', lifted and on bigger tires your half ton still isn't there...

Don't compare them because there is NO comparison...

I do NOT like the look of clearance lights on a half ton as it looks like the owner is trying to make themselves look heavy duty... same thing as when kids put stacks on pickups or a ****load of clearance lights... looks like hell...

It is my opinion and just that so it really doesn't matter... but to compare a half ton and the heavy duty line up is just dumb...

me and your mother would never have enough room to play in the back seat of that half ton "club cab"...

And on heavy trucks the clearance light looks like the owner is trying to make themself look like a semi truck ... Lol

Did you take the time to check the spec of both truck before trashing on the 1500 with clearance light ??

Lets check this together, for the comparison I took all the spec of the ram official web site :

2016 ram 1500 4x4 crew cab 6'4 bed
Ram 1500 Models | Detailed Comparison Chart

2016 ram 2500 4x4 crew cab 6'4 bed
Ram 2500 Models | Detailed Comparison Chart

Overall Body Width

1500:79.4"
2500: 79.1"

Overall Height

1500:77.4"
2500: 77.7"

Overall Length

1500:237.9"
2500: 237.4"

WheelBase

1500: 149.4"
2500: 148.9"

The grill make them look bigger but sorry to say that... they are not, overall, model for model the 1500 is in fact bigger than a 2500..

But yes some of the 2500 model are bigger than the 1500, but they are not wider... that's the point of the clearance light. If they look ridiculous on a 1500 they look ridiculous on 2500. It's always depending of your point of view , for a 3500 owner you look ridiculous , and for a semi truck driver both look ridiculous.. But don't pretend you drive a semi truck because your truck is hd.

Also your free to think what you want, but I'm sure that most of us who put light on a 1500 and 2500 did it because they like the look of them, and not because want to look like a semi truck and not the real use since they are not mandatory because both of them are not width enough...

Last edited:

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
not bigger in any way?

i have to fold my mirrors to fit through a 9' wide door(it BARELY fits without folding), never had to in a half ton...

The truck i have is nearly 24' long, how long is yours?

Stock height sets my roof just under 7', lifted and on bigger tires your half ton still isn't there...

Don't compare them because there is NO comparison...

I do NOT like the look of clearance lights on a half ton as it looks like the owner is trying to make themselves look heavy duty... same thing as when kids put stacks on pickups or a ****load of clearance lights... looks like hell...

It is my opinion and just that so it really doesn't matter... but to compare a half ton and the heavy duty line up is just dumb...

me and your mother would never have enough room to play in the back seat of that half ton "club cab"...

You do realize the cab, fenders, doors, interior bed are EXACTLY the same between the 2500 and 1500. I've personally swapped a cab from a 2013 1500 onto a 2013 2500 frame. Only difference is the frame is HD, and has solid axles and a slightly different engine cage setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thoss29

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 3500 "Black Top" Edition 6.4L
Engine
Hemi 5.7

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
There's no way you can pretend you're a 3500 in that truck unless you also pretend it rides like sh*t.

The roads are so bad here a Cadillac rides like a 3500!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvhZFUnTjKk
Besides, I average 60 hours a week at work in a truck with 2 trailers, 42 tires, and it weighs about 150,000 lbs. loaded. I get all the "macho my truck is bigger than yours" fix I need there!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTmePTCibqQ
Not my truck but same setup.

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I thought the cab lights were for the height of a truck and the lights on the dually hips are for width?

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Thanks, now I will have to add lights to my bed sides so I look like a dually. Would adding 2 stroke oil to the gas tank for that "tuner on my diesel effect" be too much?

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well guys, I finally pulled the trigger and got me some too. The install wasn't bad at all, and no leaking as of now. I ran it through a carwash just to be sure. As of right now, I highly recommend these and they're fairly priced.

http://youtu.be/-9KvlsqBjX0

I will post up some pictures when I get a chance, I don't have any good ones on my phone right now.

IMO

Last edited:

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well guys, I finally pulled the trigger and got me some too. The install wasn't bad at all, and no leaking as of now. I ran it through a carwash just to be sure. As of right now, I highly recommend these and they're fairly priced.

I will post up some pictures when I get a chance, I don't have any good ones on my phone right now.

IMO

:roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared:

Adam

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

IMO

Ha...I actually have a couple of these in my gun safe...but they're the motion sensor type.