Alpharex Pro DRL not coming on unless headlights or parking lights are on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Repost Police

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just installed these lights and they look pretty good for the price. I had factory quads that finally started leaking and gave me a reason to replace them. I went with these Alpharex pro lights and wired up the DRL with their kit. The problem is, the DRL isn’t coming on when the engine is on, only when the headlights or parking lights are on. Has anyone had this issue? I have verified all my wiring…. Fuse splice is in F66, battery wires connected, yellow wite to driver side plug, and both pin type connectors hooked up each light.

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
DO you have the relay connected to the lights, if so that is what they are supposed to do. Check your instructions on this to be sure.

OP
OP
Repost Police

Repost Police

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
DO you have the relay connected to the lights, if so that is what they are supposed to do. Check your instructions on this to be sure.
They came with none and the ones on their site look outdated.

There’s no relay, unless you’re referring to the box that is in the DRL harness. The instructions say with how I have it wired that ignition on and engine on should activate DRL at max output.

Attachments

• IMG_1896.png
    IMG_1896.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Verify the fuse you've tapped into has power when the ignition is on. I ran a dedicated drl circuit by adding the wires to the pinned connected under the fuse box instead of using the included harness, then programmed with alfaobd. Also. Make sure you've got 2 good fuses in the fuse tap, otherwise one circuit or the other won't have power.

TwitchCaptain

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have similar headlights. The DRL is wired to the side marker by default. If you have a DRL circuit in your truck, you need to do some splicing and tap into it. If you do not have the DRL circuit, you can add one, but you need a custom pigtail and a way to program your car's computer to activate the circuit. I got the pigtail from @Mpgrimm2 for a reasonable price, and I use alfaOBD to program the computer. I'm about $100 in to make it work.

OP
OP
Repost Police

Repost Police

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have similar headlights. The DRL is wired to the side marker by default. If you have a DRL circuit in your truck, you need to do some splicing and tap into it. If you do not have the DRL circuit, you can add one, but you need a custom pigtail and a way to program your car's computer to activate the circuit. I got the pigtail from @Mpgrimm2 for a reasonable price, and I use alfaOBD to program the computer. I'm about $100 in to make it work.
No factory DRL circuit. That’s what their kit is supposed to do. It wires to the battery and then plugs into the fuse box for ignition power to turn them on. There isn’t supposed to be any programming required for these for my setup.

TwitchCaptain

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I skipped the part of the instructions that suggested wiring into the fuse box. It sounds like you just wired into the wrong fuse. Get a 12v dummy light and find the fuse that comes on when the car is on, or in gear.

OP
OP
Repost Police

Repost Police

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Verify the fuse you've tapped into has power when the ignition is on. I ran a dedicated drl circuit by adding the wires to the pinned connected under the fuse box instead of using the included harness, then programmed with alfaobd. Also. Make sure you've got 2 good fuses in the fuse tap, otherwise one circuit or the other won't have power.
This was it, thanks! Didn’t realize that tap had a slot for a second fuse. Slid the one I pulled out of the fuse box into the second slot and bam, DRL working.