Roof clearence lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone installed these on a 1500? I am looking into the mopar kit for our trucks. Does anyone have pics of these installed on a 1500?

CF_Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If you do it, show me how it turns out! I love the look of them on the HD's and have wondered what they would look like on the 1500's.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I thought about this but its a lot of work for lights. And what's the point other than looking neat. You're not going to fool anyone into thinking its an HD.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Bk0tGN6.jpg
kc8Fu9P.jpg
F1rcQxP.jpg

I did it because im over the legal width limit for not needing them. The raptor has them also because they are too wide also, just has it in the grill instead of the roof.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
See that looks awesome, but its a ***** to line all that up. If I were to do it and had money to waste Id used these:

Atomic LED Factory Roof LED Warning Lights

The install kit from mopar comes with a template, and I just used that and a tape measure to make sure everything was straight. I have hideaway lights in the heads, tails and behind the grill along with a removable roof bar lol.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Bk0tGN6.jpg
kc8Fu9P.jpg
F1rcQxP.jpg

I did it because im over the legal width limit for not needing them. The raptor has them also because they are too wide also, just has it in the grill instead of the roof.

Very nice! I'm gonna have to seriously consider it for my baby once she gets built and delivered.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bk0tGN6.jpg
kc8Fu9P.jpg
F1rcQxP.jpg

What r the specs for legal width limit?

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
What r the specs for legal width limit?

Think it's 86" but not sure. I just looked up clearance light laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the dealer install them on mine, cost wasn't bad and i didnt have to try and get it lined up perfectly.

Attachments

• 20150922_114148.jpg
    20150922_114148.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 114

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hopefully noone's feelings get hurt, but I don't think they look right on our little half tons.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully noone's feelings get hurt, but I don't think they look right on our little half tons.

Ill agree they look better on hd's. But i sit higher than factory and im over the 80" width so its to keep me legal. Plus at night it looks cool.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ill agree they look better on hd's. But i sit higher than factory and im over the 80" width so its to keep me legal. Plus at night it looks cool.

Yeah I'm alot higher than factory and wider than you. I don't see anyone else lifted with a wide stance putting clearance lights on a half ton.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I'm alot higher than factory and wider than you. I don't see anyone else lifted with a wide stance putting clearance lights on a half ton.

Well to each their own, however around here i swear to god everyone puts clearance lights on their factory 2wd trucks. That and big ass flares with their tiny highway tires. On my way to work i see a 2wd s 10 with clearance lights. Now thats stupid.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That's odd. I don't know of a single half ton with them. Learn something new every day.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I have them on mine and do not get the point of adding them; kind of wish mine did not have them. Why?

Let us see here Ram cannot even design and build a freaking third brake light that does not leak and that hole is on back side of the cab. (Mine did when the truck was 4 months old)

So adding the clearance lights adds 5 more holes plus the XM antenna, to the top surface of the roof, an even harder place to seal. I had to replace a bulb already and to do so you have to remove the light assembly from the roof, the gasket consist of the thin rubber bottom of the light, it did not give me a warm fuzzy that it will prevent water intrusion in the foreseeable future!

Last edited:

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Never had a leak from the 3rd or the clearance lights. I did go generous with some silicon sealant with the clearance lifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Lucky you your third brake light has not leaked. Well my third brake light leaked and a very high percentage of them do as you well know!!! And yours and many other third brake lights could be leaking but not enough to be obvious. Mine filled up the storage bin behind the drivers seat during a heavy rainstorm when the truck was 4 months old. If the leak is subtle a lot of folks won't notice, but it will eventually discolor the headliner and foster mold growth. Anyone who states this is not a design/manufacturing flaw in the Ram truck has not done much research on in it and or is just blind by brand loyalty. There is over a half a dozen threads on it between this and the other forum.

As for my clearance lights they are factory installed and there is no silicone on them, they are just screwed down to the roof with a thin rubber base / gasket.
Where in the owners manual does it say to take my third brake light off and my clearance lights and seal them with silicone??? I must have missed have missed that page.

Last edited: