Room using a bed cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duck62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looking at putting on a bed cover for my 2020 2500. trying to decide on which one to buy. One issue I see is my pelican cooler sticks up over the bed rails now. Are some better than others in regards to what size items you can cover. Looking at long term RVing so we need to carry things in the back of the truck to make room for the pups in the backseat. Right now I am looking at the roll N lock. Not a discussion on which cover is better, but which ones can cover items in the truck better

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think a one piece fiberglass or plastic will give you more clearance then a roll up or fold up. Good luck in your search.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
A 1 peice definitely give you more clearance than a roll type, the 1 peice sits on top the roll lock sits flush. Might be little more expensive than you want to spend but a full shell might be the way to go in your situation. As far as the roll locks go you may do some research to see if they can be open say 2/3s or if they they are full open or fully closed. I run a hard trifold and if it doesnt fit under the cover it goes in the camper.

Jetact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I run the Mopar tri fold cover and really like it. I bought a pelican cargo box but mine sits under the frame rail, I love it and I can pull it anytime if I need to haul something.